Thread: Regarding my creations....

Blog Entries

Default Regarding my creations....

I've been asked a few times about releasing content I've created. The short answer for now is "not now".

The long answer is, still learning new things with Blender and have found that some of the old stuff suffers from a lack of knowledge and basically some laziness on my part. Lot of hurry up and just get it done to either get to something else or get it in game. Another thing is that I work with TRS2004, and some things just don't translate well into the newer versions of Trainz. Little by little, I've been going back to items and fixing things and even after doing that, there's still much to do. Plus, at the present time I will be focusing on a few items I've always wanted, but didn't have the skill or courage to make.

If I decide to release anything more, a notice will appear in the freeware section.

A few things have been released to the DLS through BTVFD and I appreciate his help in doing so. Much appreciated!

Thanks,
    crazytrain
    Last edited by crazytrain; December 23rd, 2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: redirect

I can understand using legacy Trainz versions as I still primarily use TRS2006, because it is easier to use

I think your assets released by BTVFD are great

TS12 isn't that expensive and should run on your hardware. That is to say the same content and viewing distance. It can make use of more than one core which TRS204 is unable to do no you should get better frames rates. It needs directx 9 but that has been around for some time now.

The error checking and scripting in TRS2004 unfortunately are not as good as TS12. I suggest you try working in TS12.

Cheerio John

Thank you for the ability to release and upgrade your models for 12 and higher.
    Sunland Prime Mover Works (SPMW)
    BETA TESTING
    Repainting America one piece of equipment at a time