Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: missing deps - how to solve this

United States of America, michgan, lansing

Angry missing deps - how to solve this

When i tried to download something. it keep saying missing deps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i don't know how to fix that goddam trains!!!!!!!

You have to find, and download all the "missing dependencies" ... Trainz has always been like that for decades

Nothing comes automatically, ready to run

Blog Entries

Alright bucko. Calm down.

Right click on the asset that is missing deps. Find the 'show dependencies' line, and click that. Look for the one that is missing, and then right click on it, and select 'download'.

Please be civil while posting on this forum dude.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

Please accept my condolences.

Welcome to Trainz. Great first post. Very diplomatic.

I would recommend that you register your copy with NV3.
    Phil
    Celebrating my 15th Weddin anniversary.

This is a community of people with various backgrounds. Would you walk into a room full of strangers and blurt that out as your first greeting?????
    Eastern US (NC)
    New to Trainz (Oct 2018)
    2013 27" iMac, 3.2 GHz i5, 24 gb RAM, SSD

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

First of all you need to curb your language here, otherwise, you will find yourself banned from the forums. As a now retired moderator, I would have issued a warning to you and put you on the watch list. This is a community of people from all over the world and a community of people of all ages. Children should not hear/read that here, and definitely out of respect for the elders, this shouldn't be spoken out of respect for them either.

I highly recommend you read the Code of Conduct found here:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...ode_Of_Conduct

Now on to business...

First I recommend a website, which requires registration and a small fee, about $20 per year if that. www.trainzkuidindex.com This database will search out your missing dependencies and provide the links to them if available.

The other method, although not always efficient, requires posting the Kuid here in a forum post and hopefully someone will come along and point you in the right direction. To post a kuid here: Highlight the line in Content Manager, and paste here. Unfortunately, without a registered version of Trainz I have no way of providing exact details.

Speaking of registration...

You need to use the same user name you registered your software with as your login in the forums. If you are already registered, purchased Trainz on Steam, or registered under a different name than the one you are posting with here, contact N3V Helpdesk to get everything straightened out.

http://support.trainzportal.com/

Without showing a Trainz version next to your name, you will come across as a software pirate and receive minimal help, and if you are registered you will always be pestered about the status.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    First I recommend a website, which requires registration and a small fee, about $20 per year if that. www.trainzkuidindex.com This database will search out your missing dependencies and provide the links to them if available.
    Sorry, the original poster is right.

He bought the game and it doesn't work.

This is the biggest failing of Trainz, content creators are too lazy to direct the user to missing dependencies and saying the asset is available at Jointed Rail doesn't work as an answer.

Ah, how we miss Checkrail, he was one of the few competent route builders. All the dependencies were listed.

Yeah, the OP has right to be rude, he bought a game and it doesn't work.

The other guy's Workshop scenarios work and list the crap needed. Trainz is a big fail in that area.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; December 7th, 2018 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
    Yeah, the OP has right to be rude, he bought a game and it doesn't work.
    Not quite. He downloaded additional content from some site, probably free, and found it was incomplete. Not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
    Not quite. He downloaded additional content from some site, probably free, and found it was incomplete. Not the same thing.
    Or he downloaded one of those dreadful routes on DLS where most of the assets aren't on DLS.

Deleted many of that ilk.

Harold

Harold --

Yep.

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

Rather than piling answers, why don't we wait until the gentleman responds? (if he dares), and see what is he doing about it? Finding missing assets may seem daunting, but if you know what you are doing, is not so bad.

Sorry, the original poster is right.

He bought the game and it doesn't work
    It's not a game. It's a simulator, where users have been given abilities to create, tweak or modify content. Moreover, there are numerous resources available and a broad based community to assist with solutions.

I've yet to use a sim, play a game or run software that didn't have bugs or shortcomings.
    Algoma Central - Canadian Pacific - Canadian National - Esquimalt and Nanaimo - BC Rail

Quote Originally Posted by llebrez View Post
    Rather than piling answers, why don't we wait until the gentleman responds? (if he dares), and see what is he doing about it? Finding missing assets may seem daunting, but if you know what you are doing, is not so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dleblanc View Post
    It's not a game. It's a simulator, where users have been given abilities to create, tweak or modify content. Moreover, there are numerous resources available and a broad based community to assist with solutions.

I've yet to use a sim, play a game or run software that didn't have bugs or shortcomings.
    This is a major failing of the Trainz franchise, letting the DLS fall into its present state.

The DLS content shouldn't have missing assets:

There are now well over 10,000 routes available on the Trainz Download Station (DLS) that you can download for free and enjoy. So when people tell you "you have to buy lots of DLC" remind them that the choice is theirs, with plenty of high quality free routes and content available on the DLS.
    How can a game be enjoyed if a second hobby is required of "Chase the KUID"?

Phil's routes are great, they are done right. Nothing is missing.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; December 7th, 2018 at 06:23 PM.

This is a major failing of the Trainz franchise, letting the DLS fall into its present state.

The DLS content shouldn't have missing assets:

How can a game be enjoyed if a second hobby is required of "Chase the KUID"?
    By that logic, I bought a new car, but can't enjoy it because GM failed to inform me that I'd encounter heavy traffic and potholes on the roads.
    Algoma Central - Canadian Pacific - Canadian National - Esquimalt and Nanaimo - BC Rail