Skipper's freeware GWR king George V has been updated into payware.

This does become an issue though when an asset is moved to payware and is no longer available anywhere else.
Even when it's readily available the solution is not simple. This is one portion of my current list:
y4mwfNScG_7fyIXr3bGeHZGRjSLcIIP2O5YrL_jxyU4qOLZKhBcp3F5Ps2LgiuvVP_IPpMsFvcftf9DtM-garsKYswhkdVxfjQ1562bujg1CSjvpFGK48ziLKieKaTuCEqxmmApPgpVdmlcRRU_emn3biOx9EcLVAyC3Kd6_cyiV9czQiYwdwGBc-t4ZXjlqR9DjbNB58nh1F10qJiqmkGDjA

CM will not download the Obsolete versions. Even if I was prepared to take the effort to increment the KUID to override the payware version, I can't do the download easily from CM. There are 250 that fall into a similar state (previously 'Available for Download', newer versions now 'Installed, Payware', or 'Built-in'. That includes no routes or sessions, but it does include some speed trees which have become irrelevant. People who have purchased more payware routes would probably have more items in this category. It's not a small problem. N3V has the mechanism for fixing this, with volunteers available. All it needs is the will to do it.

In TRS19 Right click on the obsoleted version, Download this version works, just downloaded <kuid2:5204:100068:1> and <kuid2:5204:100066:1> both now installed but obsolete and yes I have the Payware versions.

In TRS19 Right click on the obsoleted version, Download this version works, just downloaded <kuid2:5204:100068:1> and <kuid2:5204:100066:1>
Once you know the tricks, the procedure is clear. But it's not simple, and I believe that the vast majority of users would have no idea how to do it, particularly updating the version. The point is that it should not be needed, and if it really was accidental then why the refusal to fix it? And why the continuing understatement of the quantity involved, if other than to avoid fixing it?

"Refusal" would indicate we're not going to do anything. This is incorrect.

We've already fixed the Skipper loco (<kuid2:116296:19999:11> GWR King George V is now on the DLS).

Other fixes will be sorted out once we get the final content set organized (which won't be long now).

"Refusal" would indicate we're not going to do anything. This is incorrect.

We've already fixed the Skipper loco (<kuid2:116296:19999:11> GWR King George V is now on the DLS).

Other fixes will be sorted out once we get the final content set organized (which won't be long now).

Thank you

Cheerio John

This does become an issue though when an asset is moved to payware and is no longer available anywhere else. Take the following missing drivers:

<kuid:523:19723459> Roger
<kuid:523:19723435> JD
<kuid:523:19723427> Evgeniy
<kuid:523:19723441> Juan
<kuid:523:19723433> Itareus
<kuid:523:19723461> Santi
<kuid:523:19723437> John
<kuid:523:19723463> Therese
<kuid:523:19723455> Pier Luigi

All these drivers were once freely available, worked in sessions created in TS12, worked fine in T:ANE until recently, and now there are updates which has moved these to payware and all inactive, which causes me to now have 33 broken sessions due to missing drivers including sessions that came with my payware routes I purchased from Jointed Rail for the Eagle River and Pennsylvania and Berwind.

Sorry for bumping this thread , but where can i download these drivers for TRS19 ?

Sorry for bumping this thread , but where can i download these drivers for TRS19 ?

First check for any content updates you may have such as any DLC and built-in. Since SP4 and SP5, there have been some which may have updated these assets.

Next check the DLS in Content Manager. You need to check previous versions and then choose Download this version from the menu.

If this doesn't work, put in a ticket to the helpdesk because this has been an ongoing project to make available assets that are included with payware but were once freeware.

A couple I checked never were on the DLS, rewards for the Kick Starter which were builtins now Packaged.

Last edited:
What irks me a bit is payware I have paid for that now says "Newer version available", but it can't be updated, because it was some vague change made for mobile or something. If it is not available to me, I don't want it to say it is available. If it is a newer version of paid for assets, it should be available. If it is incompatible, it should say incompatible. It makes no sense to me to tell me a paid asset has a newer version available when it isn't. But then I have complained of this before with no response.

What irks me a bit is payware I have paid for that now says "Newer version available", but it can't be updated, because it was some vague change made for mobile or something. If it is not available to me, I don't want it to say it is available. If it is a newer version of paid for assets, it should be available. If it is incompatible, it should say incompatible. It makes no sense to me to tell me a paid asset has a newer version available when it isn't. But then I have complained of this before with no response.

I agree they really need to keep mobile and PC/MAC versions of Trainz separate. Payware like that isnt the only problem the DLS being clogged with mobile uploads is equally annoying.

There is no new version for us. Mobile versions were given a higher revision number. Tony or Zec said they're going to separate the mobile offerings from the regular products at some point so they don't appear in the PC and Mac content managers.

Having trouble with JR's Eagle River route. Says I'm missing: <kuid:523:19723427> from Auran. What is the best way to go about getting this asset to fix scenarios?

Corbinator

Back