Dundee update ready for testing

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released the update for <kuid2:154322:100063:14> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE

The team have worked on a long list of tweaks including texture updates for many of the older assets, track work and crossing maintenance.

Downloading it right now, btwTony the Sebino Lake, Italy the original one not the beta one is still popping up for download. Is this being looked at because now i have to manually select each file for download instead of being able to choose download all otherwise it will install the old sebino lake again or can i install that without problems to the beta ?

Unfortunately fixing it would break access for all Early Access customers so it is just part of being a beta tester.

I've just downloaded this update - neither sessions will run because the 1976 Deltic doesn't appear...
Using a test route (simple loop), the Deltic doesn't appear on the route, nor does it have a thumbnail in the vehicle selection.

I've checked the dependencies, and Content manager shows everything OK (<kuid2:154322:55012:2>).

I'll bug report this, but I'm open to suggestions

Colin

Thanks Colin. Please confirm
1. <kuid2:154322:55012:2> shows as Payware installed? (and not "not active")
2. Route is:
<kuid2:154322:100063:14> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE
3. Sessions are:
<kuid2:154322:100046:9> 1E52 09.10 Dundee - Kings Cross
<kuid2:154322:100244:6> 1S77 23.15 Kings Cross - Aberdeen. The Night Capitals

Thoughts:
Possibly a precaching issue?
Please just retest the route and session again and see if it reoccurs.
Also try a db repair as it may help.

Last edited:
Hi Tony
Same issue with the Blue Deltic
Showed as payware tried to do an open edit and then it showed as:
<kuid2:154322:55012:2> Deltic 1976 Blue - 'unknown location'
Will try DB repair and see if it comes back.

All good after DB repair - now driving Yahoo!

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

Please confirm
1. <kuid2:154322:55012:2> shows as Payware installed? (and not "not active") Confirmed
2. Route is:
<kuid2:154322:100063:14> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE Confirmed
3. Sessions are:
<kuid2:154322:100046:9> 1E52 09.10 Dundee - Kings Cross
Confirmed
<kuid2:154322:100244:6> 1S77 23.15 Kings Cross - Aberdeen. The Night Capitals
Confirmed

I'm trying Butler57's suggestion of a database rebuild... (slight pause!)

Looks OK after the database rebuild..
Thanks to all!

Colin

Hi can someone please help me because it is not showing up on mine to download & also the Cornish Mainline And Branches.

I've just downloaded this update - neither sessions will run because the 1976 Deltic doesn't appear...
It appears that another version is now available for download, although the version hasn't changed. If you force a new download the engine should appear and the sessions should run.

Well, that didn't pan out well. Last night I received a prompt to download a later version of Cornish Mainland and Branches. After completing and installing this purported update, I found I was missing the sessions that shipped with the previous version.
Additionally, Content Manager now shows many assets as 'Not installed - Payware (Not active)' and 'Out of date' for Cornish Mainline and Sebino Lake (all the sessions, e.g.).

oodnow.jpg

An Extended Database Repair and re-entry of my UID credentials did not rectify the situation.
The built-in version I now have is the old version - <kuid2:515942:100169:11> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19.
The version with all the new 2019 sessions is designated "And the Not installed, Payware (Not active)" This version is <kuid2:515942:100169:13> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19.
It no longer works, though it did a day or two ago when I ran the A Trip to Falmouth session.

Still being prompted to download an older version of Sebino Lake.

The CDPs for the above Out of Dates all seem to be queued up in in Cache/Internet folder which I'm reluctant to flush, but probably will soon, as I'd rather download again than have Out of Date, inaccessible assets wasting space on my rig.

On a positive note, the Edinburgh to Dundee update loaded quickly and runs well.

Last edited:
Tony,

Could you please ask the team to have a look at the route again?
A number of the points appear to be missing the levers (and that's a lot of checking given the number of points!)

One minor problem I've found is that Waverley station isn't an "industry", so it's difficult to set a route - and causes a minor problem with the session Kings Cross -> Aberdeen, as the first commend is drive to trackmark, then load. Of course, the load fails...

Colin

There's something wrong with the scoring for the Dundee Kings Cross session. I was 3 minutes late into Haymarket and I got 0 points, a 'Perfect Score' and 5 stars!

There's something wrong with the scoring for the Dundee Kings Cross session. I was 3 minutes late into Haymarket and I got 0 points, a 'Perfect Score' and 5 stars!

Perhaps you bribed the Stationmaster?
Thanks, we'll take a look at the scoring.

Back