In Memory of 41st President George H.W. Bush

cascaderailroad

H. W. Bush along his lifelong love Barbara

286858_original.jpg

bush-locomotive-AP-3.jpg

bush_41_train-1543853300-6194.jpg

George_HW_Bush_Funeral_Train_45954_64296686_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

We described the operation with respect to what the conductor does at this desk and what the locomotive engineer does on the control stand on the other side of the cab. It was at that point President Bush said: "Can I take this for a drive ? Can I run it" ? And we made the decision to bring him into the engineer seat on that side of the cab and give him a little training and of course, our engineer was directly behind him. H.W. Bush operated the locomotive for about two miles.

bush-locomotive-AP-2.jpg

img_up_media_4141_bush_cab_1543931625386_64102408_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

WEB%20Remembering%20George%20HW%20Bush%20train%20route_1543809692198.jpg_15012273_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

george-bush-6.jpg

Sully-HW-Bush-Feature-Image-1068x623.jpg

George-HW-Bush-s-dog-lies-in-vigil-next-to-his-coffin-1053595.jpg

President Bush declared that he "never, ever, wants to see another sprig of broccoli on his plate, whether he is on Air Force One or at the White House or anywhere else in the land".

''I do not like broccoli,'' the President said, responding to queries about a broccoli ban he has imposed aboard Air Force One, first reported this week in U.S. News and World Report. ''And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli !''

Bush’s fondness for fried pork rinds with Tabasco sauce came to light in March 1988 during a profile of his presidential campaign in Time magazine. According to a New York Times article in 1989, “when Mr. Bush expressed a taste for pork rinds, smothered in Tabasco sauce, sales jumped 11 percent and he was ordained ‘Skin Man of the Year’ by pork-rind makers.”

President George H. W. Bush is a Tabasco Pepper Sauce devotee, sprinkling the pepper sauce on tuna fish sandwiches, eggs, and fried pork rinds. After receiving the Republican nomination for President in 1988, Bush handed out personalized bottles of Tabasco Pepper Sauce as presents for members of his family who dined with him at Arnaud’s Restaurant in New Orleans. “I love hot sauce,” Bush told Time magazine in 1992, “I splash Tabasco all over.”

During Operation Desert Storm, a miniature bottle of Tabasco Pepper Sauce was included in one out of every three ration kits sent to troops in the Gulf. The United States military now packs Tabasco Pepper Sauce in every ration kit.

The man with the most amazing resume: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush

H. W. Bush ... They just don't make men like that anymore ... The man we all loved to listen to his voice

Last edited:
Back