Locomotives without lights in beta

Patrick31

Trainz Driver
Steam Locomotives with huge problems

Since the update a lot of the BR Class locomotives have either no lights or some have lights but it comes out of nowhere, can this be fixed because it looks really unreal and terrible having lights on a train that doesnt have headlights with light coming out of nowhere as example look at the BR Class 47 blue 1970's weathered, turn on the headlights and look at the front you will see what i mean and there are more in the br class like that

Also texture are strange on the BR Gwr BCK, Ck, FK, RBR, RMB and SK, there is like a white fog over most of it with only the doors being the correct texture

Edit: The trains above have pretty much been fixed since the last update, the coaches however have not been fixed yet!!!

The steam locomotives listed on posts below have still huge problems not just head code lights but other problems like with steam.

Last edited:
As far as I know this is prototypical - those with greater knowledge than I can chime in here.

As far as I know this is prototypical - those with greater knowledge than I can chime in here.

Im talking about lights coming from the locomotive when it doesnt have headlights i dont see this prototypical at all, in real life there is not magicly light coming out of nowhere lol

Also update on a steamer, Holden S56 - BR Early Crest, when you set the light headcodes ok but there is no light in there, gues they forgot to light them.

Edit: make that for all those Holden steamers,when setting headcode lights no light is in there. Needs an update

Edit 2: Also goes for the entire ivat Steam locs, same problem no headcode working lights. They all need an update

Edit 3: same problem as above for the RS&H steam locs and Thompson L1 locs

I hope someone can dive into this and get it working again

Last edited:
I think i know what the problem might be, they all use headcodes 1962 kuid2:44090:4511:2 and those that use it have non working lights, now those that use Headcodes 1962 for TC3 Kuid2:44090:4512:42 do work, so the problem might be there with the code they use. Maybe switch to the other code ?

Sorry I didn't read the whole post. It looks like most of this is due to content configuration issues - one of the ongoing challenges in the world of Trainz.

"We want content that looks like it is built in 2018 not 2008" and "We want all the content built in 2008 to look as good as the stuff that was built in 2018" (which obviously cannot happen).

There is a slightly more valid arguement that "We want old content to look like it used to" except that this means creating workarounds for faults that were not evident in older versions of the game (such as normals being the wrong way around, missing textures etc).

As we've identified various issues with legacy content, we've done as much as we could to resolve the shortcomings. There will still be further improvements in the future.

Sorry I didn't read the whole post. It looks like most of this is due to content configuration issues - one of the ongoing challenges in the world of Trainz.

"We want content that looks like it is built in 2018 not 2008" and "We want all the content built in 2008 to look as good as the stuff that was built in 2018" (which obviously cannot happen).

There is a slightly more valid arguement that "We want old content to look like it used to" except that this means creating workarounds for faults that were not evident in older versions of the game (such as normals being the wrong way around, missing textures etc).

As we've identified various issues with legacy content, we've done as much as we could to resolve the shortcomings. There will still be further improvements in the future.

I understand but these are locs that came with the beta's so shouldnt they be functional ? They all are using an old outdated Headcode instead of the newer working TC3 head code which is still working perfectly as I wrote in my post above yours, by the way they are all locs made for TS12 minimal build 3.4 i have seen. And like i said they came with the beta's. Just saying if they are going to be part of TRS19 the person that made them might wanna look into it because every steam lover that is gonna buy the game will be complaining about not working headcode lighting

Last edited:
Having every item working perfectly is certainly a goal to strive for. With 5 routes made by 5 different groups utilizing ~20,000 items made by several thousand different users over 20 years leads to some items not being perfect.

Our focus is on ensuring that the content CAN work, and we do as much as we can to update as much as we can and the rest is left to the community .

The alternative is to remove this type of content, ship with ~19,000 items that pass some sort of "this meets the required standards" test. (Or if the standards are higher, a lesser number of items).

Our choice for this release is to ship with the content [mostly] provided by our route creation partners.

Having every item working perfectly is certainly a goal to strive for. With 5 routes made by 5 different groups utilizing ~20,000 items made by several thousand different users over 20 years leads to some items not being perfect.

Our focus is on ensuring that the content CAN work, and we do as much as we can to update as much as we can and the rest is left to the community .

The alternative is to remove this type of content, ship with ~19,000 items that pass some sort of "this meets the required standards" test. (Or if the standards are higher, a lesser number of items).

Our choice for this release is to ship with the content [mostly] provided by our route creation partners.

Yes I understand, maybe you can or someone else from the team can atleast give the feedback to them so they can switch to the newer working headcode from TC3 so it will work. Anyway just wanted to report the problems with locomotives I found so far

Yes I understand, maybe you can or someone else from the team can atleast give the feedback to them so they can switch to the newer working headcode from TC3 so it will work. Anyway just wanted to report the problems with locomotives I found so far

That won't work as both those assets are HTML assets and are actually identical and are just the guide to setting up the headcodes, you probably need to be looking at whatever scripts are being used in the locos.

I don't do scripts however having looked at a few locos, the headcodes are controlled by the scripts and so far I've found three different ones with three different or slightly different headcode sections.

Probably a good chance that each script is loco specific........

That won't work as both those assets are HTML assets and are actually identical and are just the guide to setting up the headcodes, you probably need to be looking at whatever scripts are being used in the locos.

I don't do scripts however having looked at a few locos, the headcodes are controlled by the scripts and so far I've found three different ones with three different or slightly different headcode sections.

Probably a good chance that each script is loco specific........

Damn, well I hope the people that made them can look into it so they can be fixed

All the steam locos mentioned are by LNER lover and the lamps work fine in TANE.

Yeah i already send him a PM on here telling him about the problem, i gues they need an update to work in 19 so hopefully he will see the message and can get them updated to work again. It just takes away immersion with them specially if you setup a night session

Same problem with the BR 9F Steamlocs by LieLestoSbrat they also have not corrrectly working headcodes, they put the lantern on but dont turn on the lights. No idea what is going on they indeed all work fine in Tane and they even worked in an earlier version of TRS19 so something happened between Beta's

Same problem with the BR 9F Steamlocs by LieLestoSbrat they also have not corrrectly working headcodes, they put the lantern on but dont turn on the lights. No idea what is going on they indeed all work fine in Tane and they even worked in an earlier version of TRS19 so something happened between Beta's

Confirmed, first thought was the Coronas used by the Oil Lamps, however they are fine.

Looking like a possible script issue.

For Patrick31: The CRG has a process for dealing with assets that don't work but pass validation. But, since TRS19 is still a beta, the CRG probably wouldn't touch these assets until TRS19 is released. As Tony pointed out, there has been a lot of work to make older assets behave as they originally did but I believe scripted assets are vulnerable due to Trainzscript API changes.

First the CRG has to discover these "faulty" assets and often picks up information from threads such as this. You are welcome to identify these assets by kuid, rather by name, and the CRG will look at it when it can.

These are ones that have these problems. I will be on the lookout for others and post their KUIDS too

<kuid2:430793:100146:1>
<kuid2:430793:100026:2>
<kuid2:430793:100115:2>
<kuid2:430793:100094:2>
<kuid2:430793:100021:3>
<kuid2:430793:100059:2>
<kuid2:430793:100161:1>
<kuid2:430793:100152:1>

Those I looked at use the commonly used TC3_script7.gs script. This is not a library script so any script changes will have to be made to each and every loco that uses it. That includes a couple of mine. :eek: I suspect that lots of BR locos on the DLS use that code.

I'll have a look at one or two over the weekend and if I can spot something in the script that I think may be a TRS19 issue then I'll report it to N3V as a possible bug.

Those I looked at use the commonly used TC3_script7.gs script. This is not a library script so any script changes will have to be made to each and every loco that uses it. That includes a couple of mine. :eek: I suspect that lots of BR locos on the DLS use that code.

I'll have a look at one or two over the weekend and if I can spot something in the script that I think may be a TRS19 issue then I'll report it to N3V as a possible bug.

Thank you, much apreciated.

Went through a bunch more today, here another batch of steamers without working head code lights

<kuid2:101839:1033:6>
<kuid2:101839:1034:6>
<kuid2:44090:1020:43>
<kuid2:101839:1046:6>
<kuid2:101839:1047:6>

Will continue to check tomorrow so we can have a list of those that have a problem and hopefully the people that made them are willing to fix them so we can have a release of 19 with atleast working lights

Looks like the spawned 1961 Rules browser with the headcodes configurations is broken. i.e. when you click on an option such as Class 1 the lamps are not displayed at the attachment points. I cannot see any lights (coronas) either.

If you close the 1961 Rules browser then you cannot get it back without reloading Surveyor. Lamp display and associated lights work in TANE 94916. I'll check the early release version of TRS19 later.

Some of the 9Fs are broken due to a script error (Chameleon) but that's a different issue.

I can use one of my locos to try and debug this but it may take a while.

Looks like the spawned 1961 Rules browser with the headcodes configurations is broken. i.e. when you click on an option such as Class 1 the lamps are not displayed at the attachment points. I cannot see any lights (coronas) either.

If you close the 1961 Rules browser then you cannot get it back without reloading Surveyor. Lamp display and associated lights work in TANE 94916. I'll check the early release version of TRS19 later.

Some of the 9Fs are broken due to a script error (Chameleon) but that's a different issue.

I can use one of my locos to try and debug this but it may take a while.

Thanks Paul, hope you can figure it out

Back