Locomotives without lights in beta

Those I looked at use the commonly used TC3_script7.gs script. This is not a library script so any script changes will have to be made to each and every loco that uses it. That includes a couple of mine. :eek: I suspect that lots of BR locos on the DLS use that code.

I'll have a look at one or two over the weekend and if I can spot something in the script that I think may be a TRS19 issue then I'll report it to N3V as a possible bug.

Some have been renamed? and contain slight differences in the headcode section, possibly customised for particular locomotives, not that it means much to me as I'm not a script expert, last coding I did was Delphi and a form of C Script last Century.

This one doesnt have a headcode problem but it does have a steam problem, it blows steam out of nowhere and looks really strange <kuid2:116296:1240:8>

Some have been renamed? and contain slight differences in the headcode section, possibly customised for particular locomotives,/.
Very likely.

I can see the 1962 Headcode Browser posting messages about the class selection but the main code doesn't appear to intercept them. I'll try and follow this up but its looking more like a bug report is necessary as one of the affected locos is payware in TRS19.

p.s. Earlier I incorrectly referred to "1961" headcodes which was a mistake. 1961 was the year I emigrated from the UK so it may have been a Freudian Slip.

Another couple Steamers with non working Head Code Lights

<kuid2:84912:301101:1>
<kuid2:430793:100163:1>
<kuid2:430793:100169:1>
<kuid2:430793:100021:3>
<kuid2:430793:100059:2>

and the ones below are again having problem with steam coming out of strange places some even in what looks like mid air, the one above with the headcode lighting problem also has the steam problem

<kuid2:116296:94094:4>
<kuid2:116296:16350:3>
<kuid2:116296:11338:3>
<kuid2:116296:1210:8>
<kuid2:116296:16747:8>
<kuid2:116296:57057:9>
<kuid2:116296:11337:2>
<kuid2:116296:14141:5>
<kuid2:116296:111011:2>
<kuid2:515726:1250:2>
<kuid2:116296:262490:5>
<kuid2:116296:28280:3>
<kuid2:116296:20020:10>
<kuid2:116296:282820:2>
<kuid2:116296:20031:4>
<kuid2:116296:19999:11>
<kuid2:515726:1248:2> <--- This one has no steam effecs at all
<kuid2:116296:32320:4> <-- this one has steam coming out of strange places when you drive it.

<kuid2:116296:21551:4> <--- This one is the worst, it has steam blowing way way beside the track where the locomotive would never even reach.

<kuid2:116296:68062:3> <--- This one almost nailed it when it comes to steam effects in the right place, it needs a ming adjustment to make it perfect.

<kuid2:217537:27:4> <-- Steam Effects are too high, looks like steam comes out of nowhere now, needs a small tweak
<kuid2:217537:53:2> <-- Steam Effects are too high, looks like steam comes out of nowhere now, needs a small tweak

But it goes for all of them if you add steam effects great but atleast add it on places where it makes sense, these steam locs now look like they came out of fantasy land where Steam Can appear out of nowhere and out of thin air.

Sorry but I'm a huge steam loc lover and been on many in my life for real so I'm all about detail and looks and these just look way out of place on any route the way they are now.

There are however a lot of steamlocs that have nailed the steam effects to perfection. I just hope the makers of the ones I reported can get them fixed to make their steamlocs a nice addition to have, models look great it's just these things that make a steam lovers say NO not on my routes.

<kuid2:523:19723276:4> <--- This one has a problem in game when clicking on train properties it comes up with: Error: PropertyBrowserRefresh() Not Handled
also has a problem that the entire loc looks like a light bulb at night, just place the loc at night and behold a steamloc that looks like a driving light bulb. Hope it can get fixed because the model doesnt look bad.

So far I been through all Steam Locs, all problems reported. Next will be the Diesel Locs I will go through, any problems I find I will make a post about.

Last edited:
Steam problems are solved by turning off Physx which doesn't work properly, been a problem since TANE. I don't use it, the smoke is fine without Physx.

Not something CRG can fix, bug report it, good luck as I did and it's not really any better from TANE.

Last edited:
Steam problems are solved by turning off Physx which doesn't work properly, been a problem since TANE. I don't use it, the smoke is fine without Physx.

Not something CRG can fix, bug report it, good luck as I did and it's not really any better from TANE.

Isnt Physx also used for other effects though, so turning it off would turn off all the effects that make use of it

Thanks for the info Malc I will be turning the PhysX off from now on.

Ok so this one besides the PhysX Problem it also has missing Textures on both the Locomotive and Tender. Both Kuids are these

<kuid2:515726:1250:2>
<kuid2:515726:1247:3>

I've submitted a bug report citing Paul Hobbs' <kuid2:44090:1020:43> Aspinall L&Y Saddle Tank loco since it is payware. But there are many other affected locos.

The TC3_script7.gs code includes a couple of message handlers that are not catching the URL messages posted by the browser. Perhaps N3V have changed something in that space.

The report only addressed the headcode browser issue. I haven't reported the steam/smoke issues since there could be many reasons why the effects appear in the "wrong" place.

I've submitted a bug report citing Paul Hobbs' <kuid2:44090:1020:43> Aspinall L&Y Saddle Tank loco since it is payware. But there are many other affected locos.

The TC3_script7.gs code includes a couple of message handlers that are not catching the URL messages posted by the browser. Perhaps N3V have changed something in that space.

The report only addressed the headcode browser issue. I haven't reported the steam/smoke issues since there could be many reasons why the effects appear in the "wrong" place.

Thank you Paul

Interesting that whenever something fails to work as expected it's a bug. TC3_script7.gs was based on my script I believe but at some time N3V changed the way that messages were posted when the user clicked on the headlamp icon in the UI so the script couldn't pick it up. I've sent a fixed version of the Aspinall tank to N3V.

Paul

Interesting that whenever something fails to work as expected it's a bug. TC3_script7.gs was based on my script I believe but at some time N3V changed the way that messages were posted when the user clicked on the headlamp icon in the UI so the script couldn't pick it up. I've sent a fixed version of the Aspinall tank to N3V.

Paul

Thank you Paul, makes me wonder why N3V changed it, I mean they should have checked what happened when they changed it. Hopefully the fix can be applied to all Locs that now have this problem. Anyway thank you for your work

Interesting that whenever something fails to work as expected it's a bug....

Paul

I don't understand your point. The Trainz bug reports are the only reliable way of drawing N3V's attention to something that did work and now doesn't.

I expect that N3V's approach will be that the authors have to correct the software just as they told creators to correct their now "faulty" gloss materials.

I mean the software is not bugged, it’s a content problem. The script is behaving perfectly but is not giving the expected results.

Paul

N3V QA have been able to replicate the headcodes not working and have passed it on to the content team. Apart from Paul's Aspinall Saddle Tank tank loco, there are at least a couple of built-in assets using this code that don't work.

N3V QA have been able to replicate the headcodes not working and have passed it on to the content team. Apart from Paul's Aspinall Saddle Tank tank loco, there are at least a couple of built-in assets using this code that don't work.

Good to hear that it's being looked at.

Back