TRS19 Official Release - What will your review say?

That's all the builtin routes.

Those 40+ would be all the pre-2009 builtin routes, so they are all available on the DLS now as well. If you have purchased TANE, you would have the 4 standard + 4 deluxe + a whole bunch more for Platinum Edition.

Each route is several thousand man hours in the making, so they should really be sold at $100 each (or more). It's a shame the market isn't ready for that.
Anyone who has built at least one route knows how difficult and costly it is. How much time and effort it takes. For example, my eyesight has drastically decreased, and to my regret this process is irreversible. But I do not despair:) - I bought glasses, nobody gave them to me for free.

... or my bank balance!
Forgive if off topic, I wonder how much Internet access costs in your country? You pay him constantly, don't you? It may sound cynical, but we all have to pay for the pleasure.;) For example, my wife and I went to the opera yesterday and paid $82 US for it - this can be compared to Trainz, it’s also a pleasure and you can’t touch it either. The opera is over and you will not take everything with you ...

I'm an old trainz fan I've spent almost my entire free time playing this game. I decided to buy the TRS 19 version because I was amazed about new features an new content posted on newsleter!
But after installing the game and finished to download the routes I'm a bit disapointed about the trackside is not fully polished.
I was most interested on ECML route... but unfortunately this route had missing dependencies and no session available... so I decided to work on surveyor to create my own sessions but the game crash everytime ...
Anyway I like to drive, the scenery is amazing and rollingstock content is verry detailed ... I hope they will deliver a patch to fix the game crash!

I was most interested on ECML route... but unfortunately this route had missing dependencies and no session available..
>>
This means that you have not installed all the parts.

Follow this guide:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading

The crashing issue is most likely to do with a specific item being used in your route. Try selecting the dependencies, and disabling non-builtin items. If this solves the problem, then just narrow it down from there by reenabling items. A restart is necessary to re-enable.

Several observations and comments regarding TRS19.

This version is by far the best to date. I have been using Trainz for 14 years and I must say the upgrade to this version has been the least painful of any.

TRS19 is a very complex and sophisticated program with all the added features such as PBR textures and the Effect Layers. For those of us who have been using the program for many years these new features require incremental learning which build upon the previous features and experiences. The environment is another one of those learning experiences which take some time to learn how to twiddle the dials to get optimum results.

Thinking back over the years I remember all the new learning that was required to use the full power of the game. All the tricks, shortcuts, and buttons to push was many times a real challenge. I have gone to this forum to get help on doing things many times.

I have no idea who will be the purchasers of this new version. Many of the old timers have spend months with the various TRS19 beta versions and have focused on the new features. They knew most of the basics from TANE. But I don't envy the first time purchaser of TRS19 whose is new to Trainz. It will be a mine field of stuff which can destroy the initial experience. My suggestion is to have the "out of the box" download preset with some pretty basic settings so the first time user will have a great first experience. What are these basic settings. I would include things like a moderate draw distance enabled. I would certainly have the shaders set to "low" so that the PBR textures do not interfere with things like covering up the track. The maximum compatibility mode should be enabled. In this way the first time experience for the newcomers will optimized.

In addition I would make available a one page writeup of the features that can be activated to enhance the visual experience of the game, but with a caveat of things that might happen. That is stuttering if the draw distance is set too high for the graphics card and the texture/track issue if PBR is activated by increasing the shader setting. There are those that will say that's what the help pages and wiki are for, but searching for something in those writeups can be very frustrating.

Again I think TRS19 is a wonderful update, but enabling all the features and learning how to use them to the fullest is a real uphill learning experience, even for those who have been using the past versions for years. Have pity on the "new" user for whom this will be their first experience with Trainz

Back