Can't move effect fire effect

So I found this nice fire effect, but no matter what I do, I can not, move, rotate, adjust the height or, delete it....
DtkrVy5U0AAlcxe.jpg:large

So I found this nice fire effect, but no matter what I do, I can not, move, rotate, adjust the height or, delete it....

Yes, I had the very same problem, also the sound effect was irritating. My solution was to delete it from the contact manager 'installed asset list', then re-load the route and delete missing assets. That worked and it disappeared. Will not use this asset again.

Cheers,
Val.

Sorry to hear that about my asset. I used in in a few of my own T:ANE routes and don't remember having any problem moving or setting it's or anything else. When the TRS2019 version comes out on Steam I will re-look this item and fix it, if needed.

BTW best to post such issues with my content on my thread devoted to my content items. It was lucky for you that I happened to run across this thread today. Here is the link to that thread:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?83363-Content-by-MSGSapper

Bob

Bob,

It's not just your asset that has this issue of being impossible to grab, and this has always been an issue for as long as I can remember with the likes of sound-making things, dig-holes, birds, and other things that are about a pixel in size or have a nearly invisible grab-point. Just last night, I spent nearly 20 minutes trying to move some birds I had placed incorrectly. These things go down OK, but moving or deleting them is impossible!

It's easier to see (move, delete) the objects if you look straight down and use wireframe view (ctrl-w) or the icon to the left of "undo" on the top menu bar.

Having said that, MSGSapper's Fire objects don't want to play nice.

R4Rfiretree2 and slash burner give nice smoke and can be placed just below ground level. (TANE)

Last edited:
I usually use the bulk replace tool for things like this and replace with a 200 ft chimney then delete it
It's easier than trying to delete these types of things

big_b. I've done that before too. I used to use one of those older, overly brightly-colored trees that stood up kilometers above the scene.

Today that method is a bit obsolete with the replace update/delete assets tool. Simply put the smoke thingy from the selection list and then choose delete 100% of those critters.

The object is difficult to grab because the mesh that the effect is attached to is just a thin beam only 1.4m long and 0.15m wide.

Better if it was a square plane, a few metres wide, and set a little below the Z=0 height in 3D model space so it would normally hide just below the ground. The object selector would then quite likely find it, even if it wasn't in Wireframe mode.

The object is relocated 49m down by using the position tag, but to grab it you have to do it at the original position. Look straight down and zoom out a bit (> 50m), and it should be possible to handle the object.

Peter

I just uploaded today the two following content items to the DLS:

<kuid2:439337:101358:1> SAP_Fire_Effect_with_Sound
<kuid2:439337:101357:1> SAP_Fire_Effect

These are new versions of these items and are build 4.6 (TRS19).

I have done the following to them:

1. Cut the sound volume by 50%.
2. Made the sound come from the object instead of being ambient.
3. Created a new red marker that is 2x2x0.5 meters in size that initially is set to just above ground level. This should make it much easier to see and move now. To hide the red marker just move slightly below ground level.

In my tests in TRS19 they work much better then before and are easy to use.

These two items should be available for download in about 24-48 hours or so.

I bet you thought I had forgotten about this.....

Bob

I just uploaded today the two following content items to the DLS:

<kuid2:439337:101358:1> SAP_Fire_Effect_with_Sound
<kuid2:439337:101357:1> SAP_Fire_Effect

These are new versions of these items and are build 4.6 (TRS19).

I have done the following to them:

1. Cut the sound volume by 50%.
2. Made the sound come from the object instead of being ambient.
3. Created a new red marker that is 2x2x0.5 meters in size that initially is set to just above ground level. This should make it much easier to see and move now. To hide the red marker just move slightly below ground level.

In my tests in TRS19 they work much better then before and are easy to use.

These two items should be available for download in about 24-48 hours or so.

I bet you thought I had forgotten about this.....

Bob

Cheers Bob, Now it has been corrected I'll once again have it installed on my routes. Thanks for listening and acting.
Best
Val.

I had the same trouble with the fire assets when I was attempting to make a fire pit at Camp Holden for the resident to roast franks and marshmellows.

I used a (slightly) easier way to delete the fire (works for any hard to grab and incorrectly placed objects).

F5
Select the draw rectangle tool
Draw a rectangle somewhere there are NO object or spline assets.
Suck in the "null" assets.
Turn off textures, tracks, terrain modifications.
Select "replace" rather than "add-to" mode.
Click copy rectangle

Copy the "null" rectangle on top of where your mis-located fire was.

Works best when the copy rectangle is kept just larger than the object to be deleted.

If there are other objects in the vicinity that should not be deleted, move them outside the bounds of the rect.

HF

Back