Niddertalbahn update (v14) ready for testing

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
A route and session update has been released for Niddertalbahn. Thanks for all your feedback so far on signals, speeds, scenery etc. We've fixed the majority of items mentioned in your reports, so I think we're getting pretty close with this one.

The new version is:
<kuid2:620415:101000:14> Niddertalbahn - TRS19

Feedback can be provided through this link:
https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/py4y9L

Ran a session, provided feedback. Route looks very nice. I "fell asleep" at the wheel for a minute and was speeding. The train emergency brakes were applied as they should, however no points were deducted from score. Is this by design, or overlooked?

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Placed my catenary inspection car and went for a spin. First thing I did was to zoom out to have an overview of the route. That's when I got a blocking on time-critical thread error
TRS 2019 98299 blocking on time-critical thread.JPG
Once underway, the landscape was gorgeous to look at as I sped by. I did notice quite a few grass splines near the track, mixed in with the new animated grass. Deliberately left in the route?
TRS 2019 98299 grass splines.jpg
At one location as I crossed a bridge, the riverbed looked funny. Upon closer inspection, the ground texture continued underwater. Wouldn't a darker underwater texture be more appropriate?
TRS 2019 98299 riverbed.jpg
Reached about the halfway point when I had to leave, real life intrudes like that.

Overall, a great addition to the TRS19 routes. :)

Ran another session, 91101. This track problem that I reported in the previous build still exists. And for some strange reason it's specific to only this 1 session. I find it odd because track is usually placed at the route layer, and should be the same in all sessions. Anyway, when you run the other sessions, the track is fine, but when you run the 91101 session it's not. The location is just before and after Lindheim Bahnhof. Here's the images:

1st 2 images are before Lindheim n the 3rd is just after.

Hmmm.. what makes this even more puzzling is that you are the only one who has reported it and we haven't seen it in our tests.

Please provide:
- route and session KUID
- draw distance and detail slider settings
- list dependencies and identify any modified assets (if any)

Does changing the draw distance affect anything?

Hmmm, that's really odd then.

Route - Niddertalbahn - TRS19 <kuid2:620415:101000:14>

Session - SZ91101 Avmz INTERCITY71 <kuid2:212731:801000:12>

Dependencies? I have changed nothing, it's the route as it was downloaded yesterday with the latest update.

Settings as per image. I will change draw distance and try again.

Wow - that was a total guess at what might help.
Now to figure out why it happens at 15000m for you and not for me!#%?

Will the older sessions also be added ?like RB 17848 Stockheim and RB 17858 Heldenbergen also GZ 57410 TnrfhsRefrigerator ? They are missing in this QA Test version

Btw just a minor nitpick on this route, catenary is to low. When doing the Intercity session i noticed the pantograph being a little bit too high

Just a quick question, but why is a lot of the route build within a session ? The route looks so much different when you take a look at just the route through route editor, it misses catenary, misses platforms and a lot more. Not that big of a deal just wondering as from what i understand most routes are build and then later sessions are added. So if someone wants to make new sessions they need to go from an alredy existing session otherwise they make sessions on an incomplete route.

I think its just the catenary ?

I do like itthat way though that way we can make sessions when there was no electrified, i think this must be the reasoning behind it ?

Last edited:
Problem with the turntable at Stockheim called Drehscheibe Stockheim. It will hardly respond and can not work with the move turntable option and yes i have it setup with input table but no go. If someone can figure out how to male the darn thing work with a scheduled AI command i be happy. Trying to plan ahead with a session i wanna make for the route but i need the turntable working for it

Tried to setup a interlocking tower for the junction mess, well i can tell you this much even the smart interlocking tower cant make heads or tails out of it throwing switches it didnt mean to throw because they are intertwined lol. I'm just giving up with trying to figure this route out and move onto a route for a session making that makes actual sense.

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve the junction mess specially around stockheim then please fill me in

Last edited:
As much as I love this route to drive on that much I hate it to build sessions on.my god it's a giant mess when it comes to junctions. They sit right on top of each other and if you throw one junction you end up throwing 2 junctions at once because you cant select the junction switch underneath it. If you try to use the junction switch ahead key while your driving it ends up in a constant switch throwing which you can hardly stop.

Besides the not working turntable and the mess of junctions i do love the way the route looks and feels, just wish these things would get sorted better

I have only <kuid2:661281:200001:4> Niddertalbahn and no session, not the TRS19 version why? How do I upgrade?

As a matter of fact, I don't have any routes from TRS19 except Sebino Lake and Kickstarter 2

Last edited:
VVMM - Did you sign on for the beta testing of the TRS19 routes?
If so, I'd suggest that you remove your UID from the Trainz settings dialog and then re-enter them to 'refresh' your access permissions.
When you next log in to Trainz 2019, you should then be prompted to download the other bundled route betas.

PC_Ace, I signed up for TRS19 beta access during the closed beta, I don't think i signed up in particular for routes, thought that they are included. Is there another form only for the beta routes?

Back