Object roll adjustment tool

justrelaxing

Hi, can somebody tell me which tool to use, in surveyor, to adjust the roll of an object.

I have just finished making my Christchurch Station and are ready to post it on the download station but I would like to test the roll adjustment first.

I'm sure I have done it before, but have completely forgotten. I have searched the internet but all links lead to the old forum, which doesn't seem to exist.

I only have TRS2004

Cheers David

Hi David. Select the "Object Rotate" button, hold down the Shift key and move your cursor over the object.:)
(Not all objects will allow the roll function).
Regards

Thanks Chris, for the prompt reply. I tried what you said. It still won't work. I am sure I have the correct code entered into the config.txt file. So as you say, it must be not available for and Scenery, Industry item.

Cheers David

Thanks Chris, for the prompt reply. I tried what you said. It still won't work. I am sure I have the correct code entered into the config.txt file. So as you say, it must be not available for and Scenery, Industry item.

Cheers David

Hi David,

Would you please copy & paste the config file (or relevant section)
here into the forum, so those that are wise can comment?.

cheers,

Noel.B:)

Hi Noel
Here is the relevant piece of text (I have now removed from the config file)...
rotate-yz-range -90, 90
It should be correct as I used TrainzObjects to insert it for me.
Please don't go to too much trouble as I have now decided, who needs a station industry to be on an angle anyway. My station does have xy and height adjustment, which is probably all it would need. I have now already started the uploading process on DLS.
It does seem strange though because I thought the Content Guide said it was OK for scenery objects of which the station industry is.

Cheers David

Hooray,a new station!
I'll look for it on Monday. A new passenger station is always good news.

:cool: Claude

Actually, I was just trying to roll an object too!

I was trying to make a residential building look like it had sunk in the mud, kind of like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I entered that line into the config file.
No joy.

I change the object type from BT to BR (another object I have which rolls effortlessly)
No joy.

Rotate tool and hold down shift, I get "Object is not rollable".

Why does this come if I have inserted the rotate-yz-range -90, 90?

Thanks.

Hi Noel
Here is the relevant piece of text (I have now removed from the config file)...
rotate-yz-range -90, 90
It should be correct as I used TrainzObjects to insert it for me.
Please don't go to too much trouble as I have now decided, who needs a station industry to be on an angle anyway. My station does have xy and height adjustment, which is probably all it would need. I have now already started the uploading process on DLS.
It does seem strange though because I thought the Content Guide said it was OK for scenery objects of which the station industry is.

Cheers David

As far as I can remember without being at home to look, as long as you have the asset kind set to scenery, you can use the tags below:

rotate n

Where n is 0 or 1 (default). This lets you disable rotation

on a scenery object.
0 to disable
1 to enable (default).

rotate-yz-range min, max

eg: rotate-yz-range –90, 90
Where min and max are values in degrees. This tag lets
you set the roll / yz rotation range (normal object rotation
is an xy rotation). If you want your scenery object to
support rolling then use this tag to set the minimum and
maximum roll range. By default, objects have a min/max
roll range of 0 to 0.

rollstep n

Where n is a value in degrees. Used in conjunction with
rotate-yz-range, rollstep lets you specify the step size of
roll angles for this object. Other example values are 1, 5,
20 etc. The default rollstep is 1.0.

Press the R key to rotate, and hold the shift key to roll the object.

Remember, the views expressed above are done on my lunch break with no way to verifiy factuality :p

Mr.Den.
It seems everything you say is correct. But it still doesn't tell me what is wrong.

Saieditor.
I made up a test box for a building, with nightlights for windows. I applied the roll formula as above and it worked perfectly. But it still won't work on my station. Maybe it has something to do with the class. I tried adding a rail track alongside and the roll still worked. Or maybe it's because of the passengers, but I don't think so because I don't think you had any passengers.

The test box details... (roll works)
Kind: Scenery
Category-Class: BPN (Passenger Station Non Functional)

Christchurch Station details... (roll doesn't work)
Kind: Scenery
Category-Class: BPF (Passenger Station with Passenger Functionality)

Maybe if you change your class to the above it may work. I would be interested to know, but it still won't fix my problem.

If any body else has something that may work I would like to here it. It may also help others.

Cheers David

Back