how to offer choice to player (Asset?)

BVSL

Good evening to each of you.
I build a route with several airports, stations, pre-programmed routes for each vehicle, etc. I begin to (hardly) discover all the possibilities of using AI.
I asked myself if, through a message box or whatever asset (html or else) it was possible to offer a choice to those who would open my session, to go directly (by the mean of a linked text ?) to a scene of the layout ?
A sort of multi-session in one, may be ?
Thanks to take time to read and (Christmas is very soon, is'nt it ? have a solution) answer my question.
Best regards
BVSL

Interesting question. I suspect that the answer is no for a direct link to a scene from a message popup window, at least I have not come across such a mechanism. The only ways I know of to jump directly to a location in Driver is by selecting a driver/consist or by using the search filter.

Part of the answer is to set up a rule: Set Camera. This will cause the view to focus on the selected object, a locomotive or junction etc.

Triggering the rule is the other part of the puzzle. Maybe somebody else has ideas as to how to do that.

Regards - Trevor

As Trevor has indicated, the tricky part would be the link from the HTML Asset (in the Message Popup Window) to the new location. There is no <tag> in the Trainz browser version of HTML that would do this.

I'm thinking that the pop-up window could instruct the player to perform some action in the scene such as moving a train to cause it to run over a trigger. There are many ways to fire off a trigger.

Regards - Trevor

Certainly passing instructions to players through the popup message windows is simple enough but what about a message that displays something like ...

Selection.png

(image put together using GIMP)

First of all, many thanks to you, trev999 and pware. I apreciate your answers.
The "menu" suggested by pware is at 100% the answer to my question. Is this example something buildable ? Do you know which script/asset/etc. can I use to attempt to make it ?
Once more, let me thank you for your time and interest.
best regards

Alas no, it is not build-able in an interactive form. You could easily make it using the Message Popup Rule and some HTML coding but the links will not work.

I just went through the Trainz Minibrowser Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/MiniBrowser to confirm that there is nothing there that would allow the required level of interactivity that is simulated in the image I created.

My approach would be to create a rule that, in Surveyor, offers a list of industries for the session planner to select and add to the player's menu in Driver mode. A field could also be provided to contain the introductory text.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to develop such a rule.

Regards - Trevor

Alas no, it is not build-able in an interactive form. You could easily make it using the Message Popup Rule and some HTML coding but the links will not work.

I just went through the Trainz Minibrowser Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/MiniBrowser to confirm that there is nothing there that would allow the required level of interactivity that is simulated in the image I created.

I sincerely thank you to have searched and wish you the best for Christmas time and the entire next year.

@@@
@@
@
---- \/
| |__^__ ||_
¦ ¦ ) ) ()
--------------\\
O¬O O¬O¬O ¤¤

My approach would be to create a rule that, in Surveyor, offers a list of industries for the session planner to select and add to the player's menu in Driver mode. A field could also be provided to contain the introductory text.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to develop such a rule.

Regards - Trevor

I do not ask you such a big work. But Thank you to have given me an element of solution.
Merry Christmas and a truly nice new year to you.

Look at <kuid:160293:10029> ExTrainz Manager-TANE SP2. You can go to any Industry or consist by clicking view.

Look at <kuid:160293:10029> ExTrainz Manager-TANE SP2. You can go to any Industry or consist by clicking view.

Good morning Lewiscc65,
I've downloaded and tried the "<kuid:160293:10029> ExTrainz Manager-TANE SP2" asset. What an amazing tool created by trev999 !
Considering I have several vehicules (planes, trains, etc.) moving at the same time, this script allows to jump from one to another more easily than the drivers choice at the screen bottom left. I have now to synchronise all my planes (& trains) to avoid conflicts on their ways.
Best regards
BVSL

I am glad it is working out for you. The assets was first created by ebertsch for the my UMR Multiplayer sessions in TS12. When we moved to Trainz New Era it had a "time out" error like so many other rules. Since ebertsch was not available to update it he gave the code to me. I asked trev999 to help and he was so kind to make what you see now. I use it all the time and it has been down loaded 1559 times. I guess a few others find it great too, LOL

Carl

Back