Beta update 98194 to 98299 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
IMPORTANT:
1. There is a known issue with Save Games not reloading in this build.
2. Test track is not loading

Apart from these two bugs that have appeared, the rest of the build is looking great. Please try out all your favourite tricks to try to break this version as we race towards the official release.

Patches are now available using the TRS19 Beta Stream.

PC beta update:
97556 to 98299
98194 to 98299

Mac beta update:
97557 to 98302
97925 to 98302

Content updates for the various routes are to follow soon (separate threads for each).

Downloading now. We are getting close!

Near instantaneous download and 41 second database refresh.
All settings preferences retained.
Pre-caching tolerable - will run the Trainzutil.exe prebuild process shortly.
My main session that can break most builds ran well for several minutes with no apparent issues.
AJS stations now functioning correctly again following replacement and reconfiguration of those that pre-existed (that were not working).
My cheeky test of your Saved games not loading note seems to have worked. What should happen? Seems to be working OK.
Have lost count of the number of times I have downloaded and installed Sebino Lake. Just been prompted again for sc407!

Last edited:
This statement bothers me. I am reluctant to install this build as I do not want to lose any saved routes or sessions.

Dave, the bug is with the "save game" operations in Driver, in any case the easy solution is to make backups (.cdps) of those routes and sessions if you feel that they are also at risk.

Then there is the overall issue of why do people install and use beta versions, which by definition are "buggy" and sometime fatally buggy, if they are not prepared to risk losing all of their work? N3V have been consistent in telling beta testers not to start any major projects in a beta - although most of us (myself included) usually ignore that advice. The counter argument is, obviously, that starting a major project is often the best way to discover new bugs, as I certainly have. I have backups, both on multiple devices and at multiple time slices, of my current major project built under various betas.

Dave, the bug is with the "save game" operations in Driver, in any case the easy solution is to make backups (.cdps) of those routes and sessions if you feel that they are also at risk.

Then there is the overall issue of why do people install and use beta versions, which by definition are "buggy" and sometime fatally buggy, if they are not prepared to risk losing all of their work? N3V have been consistent in telling beta testers not to start any major projects in a beta - although most of us (myself included) usually ignore that advice. The counter argument is, obviously, that starting a major project is often the best way to discover new bugs, as I certainly have. I have backups, both on multiple devices and at multiple time slices, of my current major project built under various betas.

Okay, I see. I'm looking forward to the final version. Trainz has never ran smoother or worked better for me. Just wish the green reflections and traffic problems could be resolved. I think the main problems with road traffic is placing a spline circle too close to a crossing.

Okay, I see. I'm looking forward to the final version. Trainz has never ran smoother or worked better for me. Just wish the green reflections and traffic problems could be resolved. I think the main problems with road traffic is placing a spline circle too close to a crossing.

The green reflections really can only be fixed by either the content creator fixing the asset, the CRG fixing it, using IM Editor (with permission of course) , or N3V changing the missing texture "texture" to a different one. I think the last one is a bad choice, since it's very helpful to pick out errors on meshes.

Regards

Back