Tunnels

Jayco-man

I have been trying to install a tunnel all afternoon and still struggling to get it right. I am working in TRS2019-98149. I am using tunnel_bricks_dark_2tracks by Lendorf, 2:185369:121240:3. I've set spline points in the middle to move around. but even if I use shift to move point it seems like it is snapping to something that is to far from where I want them to go, and is there a way to rotate the tunnels facings themselves. Either way I am about to scream. Thanks for any help.:'(

The entrance and exit of spline tunnels are normally fixed by the snap to grid function. This is because the dig hole is covered be the area around the tunnel portal. There are some tunnel portals that are objects rather than splines which can be placed at any angle and a dig hole placed for the tunnel wall splines. Spline tunnels are 0, 90, 180, 270 or 45, 135, 225 or 315 degree angles.

Last edited:
As he said, it might be a "snap to grid tunnel", that has very limited rotation, and placement

And too, if the spline is self attaching to another undesired spline ... You may have too much going on there, with many unrelated, undesired spline assets

I generally never use "snap to grid tunnels"

Maybe it is same kind of problem which I faced in TANE while playing around with rail ends....

I have been trying to install a tunnel all afternoon and still struggling to get it right. I am working in TRS2019-98149. I am using tunnel_bricks_dark_2tracks by Lendorf, 2:185369:121240:3. I've set spline points in the middle to move around. but even if I use shift to move point it seems like it is snapping to something that is to far from where I want them to go, and is there a way to rotate the tunnels facings themselves. Either way I am about to scream. Thanks for any help.:'(

I've just put down the tunnel spline you mentioned on a blank baseboard with the intention of creating a 90 degree turn. I made sure that I placed a spline point about 50-60m into the tunnel and then did the same at the same distance from the tunnel exit.

To get a reasonably straight lead in and out of the tunnel, it was a simple adjustment to move the two spline points and it looked okay.

However, when i inserted additional spline points to straighten the entry and exit further , I found the tunnel lost the smooth curves and it became more difficult to get it to function as it should.

Maybe there might be a flaw in this particular asset.

There are plenty of other tunnels available that you could try.

Good luck,
Roy

Use Westwood assets to learn!

I recommend that you create a route to simply learn how to build tunnels! use the Westwood filter and you can see how things fit together. Spline tunnels are easy but a pain in the ass, they never sit where you want them. Using two tunnel ends that are fixed objects lets you create a tunnel exactly where you want it!

Back