Trouble reading text in various "property" windows

deighton

Seinpaal
Does anyone else have these problems:

After installing the 'basic portal' I click on it to set the properties. The text in the window is black in colour and therefore hard to read. The same is true in various other windows I have opened in 'Edit Session....'

Any suggestions as to what can be done? I don't seem to get any worthwhile response from the help desk.

Regards, Chuck Deighton

Yes there are quite a lot of property windows that have a dark blue background and black text. They are very difficult to read or set properties in. It usually requires turning up the brightness on your monitor.

If you know anything about HTML I think it should be possible to edit the background colour to something a bit lighter.

Bill69.

You can install the Windows Magnifier (don't know all the versions of windows it works on). Then you can hit ALT-I or something like that to invert the colors.

Pitkin

Yes, the magnifier works. I have tried to edit the .GS file, but it won't allow me to save the changes, without reporting a faulty asset after I submit the edit. There should be a way to make the change permanent. Is this an error in the actual program?? The way it is, is quite frustrating.

CD

Yes there are quite a lot of property windows that have a dark blue background and black text. They are very difficult to read or set properties in. It usually requires turning up the brightness on your monitor.

If you know anything about HTML I think it should be possible to edit the background colour to something a bit lighter.

Bill69.

Background is fixed as in builtin, so can't be changed, however in TRS19 this problem has been fixed! White text on a grey background.

back to TANE
I've always got round it by just selecting / highlighting the text, not ideal but least you can read it!

Fix is in the HTML code is delete <font color=#000000> including the < and > which is black, text reverts to white.
And / Or
Search for black in the code and replace with white.

Have done a few and it does work.

Last edited:
I have tried to edit the .GS file, but it won't allow me to save the changes, without reporting a faulty asset after I submit the edit.
A .gs file should be editable without problems, as long as the syntax is still correct. What is the reported error? Note that for some assets the text colour is actually part of the string table in config.txt.

Might want to remove that email, bad idea publicising it on a forum as you will get spammed, use the PM system.

I've checked several of these hard to read screens and all are fixed in TR19 Beta.

I have also found that if I get very close to the screen and look at it at an angle, it becomes easier to read.

Back