Can I buy DLC from AURAN for TANE bought on Steam

bsmfs

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, I have lodged a support ticket. I did discover my email address for MyTrainz was different from my steam email, wonder if this had something to do with why I wasn't automatically registered.

Need to be using the same email and username for Trainz bought from N3V and Steam, need to get that sorted out first.

Hi Bsmfs
You should now have a reply to your helpdesk ticket!

Just to confirm, so long as you place your order through the account that TANE is registered to, any TANE compatible DLC packs purchased from the Trainz Store will be able to be used with the Steam edition of TANE (as well as the Mac AppStore edition of TANE, for anyone else who comes across this post :) ).

Regards

Thanks guys for your help. My user name here was the same as Steam but email wasnt. I changed my Auran email to match Steam. I signed up here many years ago, so had a different email then to my current one. My support ticket was processed and it now appears as a digital download in my Auran account. I see T:ANE-Std is also added to to the timeline. Thanks again guys for your help, really appreciate it.

Steam store DLC purchases into standalone TRS19...?

Hi Bsmfs
You should now have a reply to your helpdesk ticket!

Just to confirm, so long as you place your order through the account that TANE is registered to, any TANE compatible DLC packs purchased from the Trainz Store will be able to be used with the Steam edition of TANE (as well as the Mac AppStore edition of TANE, for anyone else who comes across this post :) ).

Regards

Old thread, but similar question (reverse workflow):

- Can I import DLC bought in the Steam store into a standalone TR19 copy? Both copies have my auran account signed in, but I get "Payware not active"

[Background: originally purchased TRS19 on Steam, which subsequently stopped offering later Mac versions, and Auran generously provided a standalone copy to enable continued use, hence I have both. I can download and use the DLC on a Steam version (they seem to now host an up to date Mac version....?). So - I can use the DLC, but would be helpful to have in one library rather than duplicate app installs].

Hi Tim2bob
In this case you would need to contact the helpdesk, as Steam doesn't support automatically adding DLCs to MyTrainz accounts.
Regards
Zec

Back