TANE AI reporting "Lever not found at junction xx"

kurby

I have a route set up for AI operation. The problem I am having wit some junction is the AI keeps telling me there is no lever at junction xx.

When I go to the junction there is a lever there, and the lever works as expected manually. I have deleted and replaced track, levers etc. The same error keeps coming up.

Has anyone else ever had this happen? is there a work around or some trick?

Version I am running is TANE RA 97285.

Junctions and levers can be particularly tricky. Often that problem is caused by a very slight misalignment or an incomplete join of the tracks on either (or both) sides of the junction. This is particularly common on curves where you often do not notice the problem, but it can also occur on straight sections.

Have you tried running a train under manual control over that junction? Does it derail?

EDIT: Another thought. How close is the lever to the junction? It should be within or very close to the junction spline circle.

Last edited:
If you have a spline point placed before the junction make sure that isn't the problem. I had some spline points that I couldn't remove until I replaced the track before and after the spline point.

under manual control the junction point works flawlessly, no derailments, and am able to switch between right and left exits. this junction is a true Y junction, ie straight ahead, junction bends off to the right and left at the sane time. not sure if that causes an issue.

At one point I deleted all three ends of track that made up the junction, and recreated the junction from scratch. Same problem.

At one point I deleted all three ends of track that made up the junction, and recreated the junction from scratch. Same problem.

Just my 2 cents worth. Check the Map view of the junction to see whether there could be a duplicate junction hidden or maybe invisible track.

I have found on a couple of downloaded routes, where an obsolete or missing grass spline had been laid (this then shows up as invisible track) and then regular track has connected to it.

Good luck,
Roy

This could also be an extra junction lever which will show two red arrows. These can sometimes be hard to find but are most likely on the track before the train reaches that junction.

Back