TRS19 freezes frequently

Every Time I'm Working On Secretly Routes/Layouts That I'm Working On And Driving Trains, Then All Of The Sudden My Games Keeps Freezing On Me, Or Even Crashes On Me. :(

1st, While I'm Driving A Train Or Plane, :eek:

2nd, If Task Manger Refused To End Task, My PC/Laptop Will Be Blue Screen Of Death/BSOD :eek:

3rd, My Game Keeps Freezing For Nanoseconds My PC/Laptop will be black screened. :(

4th, The Best Option Is To Use Task Manger And End The Task. :Y:

That's All! :)

Every Time I'm Working On Secretly Routes/Layouts That I'm Working On And Driving Trains, Then All Of The Sudden My Games Keeps Freezing On Me, Or Even Crashes On Me. :(

1st, While I'm Driving A Train Or Plane, :eek:

2nd, If Task Manger Refused To End Task, My PC/Laptop Will Be Blue Screen Of Death/BSOD :eek:

3rd, My Game Keeps Freezing For Nanoseconds My PC/Laptop will be black screened. :(

4th, The Best Option Is To Use Task Manger And End The Task. :Y:

That's All! :)

Need the specs of your laptop for a more definite answer, but to me this sounds like the issue is heat related.

Ending the task abruptly isn't a good thing and you definitely need to run a database repair afterwards, otherwise, that will lead to more crashes and freezes.

Need the specs of your laptop for a more definite answer, but to me this sounds like the issue is heat related.

Ending the task abruptly isn't a good thing and you definitely need to run a database repair afterwards, otherwise, that will lead to more crashes and freezes.

ok, At least I fixed it for now!

Thank You!

If this is usable...

I have been using the program shortly, but in case someone is useful, I have noticed that when they start adding content created by users all the game slow down.
I do not know if it will be because of that or by increasing the size of the database. I advise, within the space capacity of each, separate folders. One with the original DLCs of the house and others with the other content. Simply change the directory in options and it is already.
Regarding the comments of the graphics card sorry again if I say a barbarity but I have a laptop and do not use the nvidia but the ATI Radeon that comes with the motherboard, that's where I adjust the capabilities of the game. Equally someone is in the same case.
I have stored the game in a usb drive, in high resolution and only freezes in rare moments, sure for the usb drive.
All the best

Last edited:
I have been using the program shortly, but in case someone is useful, I have noticed that when they start adding content created by users all the game slow down.
I do not know if it will be because of that or by increasing the size of the database. I advise, within the space capacity of each, separate folders. One with the original DLCs of the house and others with the other content. Simply change the directory in options and it is already.
Regarding the comments of the graphics card Sorry again if I say a barbarity but I have a laptop and do not use the nvidia but the ATI Radeon that comes with the motherboard, that's where I adjust the capabilities of the game. Equally someone is in the same case.
All the best

You pointed out a couple of things to be aware of.

Knowing your video card capabilities means a lot when using this program. Many people attempt the full settings and end up experiencing crashes or usually a slide show. Even with my desktop card, an NVIDIA GTX1080TI, I don't push the setting at 100%. I find that the higher settings don't matter when the route is very crowded and very busy because there's too much going on for the CPU and GPU to process. By keeping the settings reasonable, the routes run nicely without any stutters.

Disk drives I agree need to be clean. I keep my hard disks defragmented and optimized at all times. The database its self is kept in a file called assets.tdx. The data that's referenced in the database is in separate folders. DLC is kept in individual folders as you recommend called packages and these packages are located under the packages folder. The other content, built-in is in yet another set of folders, and user-downloadable-data is kept in its own set of folders.

We are lucky with TANE and up that we can relocate the data folder to another location including another hard disk. I keep mine on my E: drive in a folder called TRS2019_DATA. Yes it's in CAPS so I know what it is. Having the data folder in an easy-to-access location also makes content management, such as repairs, edits, and modifications, much easier.

One other thing needing mentioning for good performance is increasing the size of the Windows page file to at least double of installed memory. This helps a lot when managing content in Content Manager. If you have a system with multiple hard disks, setting up multiple page files goes further in the performance of the program and Windows overall.

Many thksd.

You pointed out a couple of things to be aware of.

Knowing your video card capabilities means a lot when using this program. Many people attempt the full settings and end up experiencing crashes or usually a slide show. Even with my desktop card, an NVIDIA GTX1080TI, I don't push the setting at 100%. I find that the higher settings don't matter when the route is very crowded and very busy because there's too much going on for the CPU and GPU to process. By keeping the settings reasonable, the routes run nicely without any stutters.

Disk drives I agree need to be clean. I keep my hard disks defragmented and optimized at all times. The database its self is kept in a file called assets.tdx. The data that's referenced in the database is in separate folders. DLC is kept in individual folders as you recommend called packages and these packages are located under the packages folder. The other content, built-in is in yet another set of folders, and user-downloadable-data is kept in its own set of folders.

We are lucky with TANE and up that we can relocate the data folder to another location including another hard disk. I keep mine on my E: drive in a folder called TRS2019_DATA. Yes it's in CAPS so I know what it is. Having the data folder in an easy-to-access location also makes content management, such as repairs, edits, and modifications, much easier.

One other thing needing mentioning for good performance is increasing the size of the Windows page file to at least double of installed memory. This helps a lot when managing content in Content Manager. If you have a system with multiple hard disks, setting up multiple page files goes further in the performance of the program and Windows overall.

Thank you very much for your advice, John. Trainz is very complex and I see that I have a lot to learn.
The truth is that it had not occurred to me to modify the windows page.
I'm going to try it right now. :)

Nvidia

Thank you very much for your advice, John. Trainz is very complex and I see that I have a lot to learn.
The truth is that it had not occurred to me to modify the windows page.
I'm going to try it right now. :)
Works better but, you have idea why the game don't use Nvidia card but ATI?
TANE uses Nvidia.
?

Back