Don't know what to try

doralcf

Ok here is my problem TRAINZ NEW ERA SP3

I did some mod's added new ground and builds and routes, merged session with the route, I don't care about different sessions, all my engines and cars are in the session. all my driver commands are in there, but in driver command its shows the engine but it's in red now and if I open the window to choose a different engine none show up in the box, I must have at less 25 different engines some with driver command so without. Also if I play the session and add a new engine to the layout I can drive it but I can couple to any of the cars on the layout, they don't show up in the couple box.

If go to a different route and session every thing is fine.

I made a made a lot of route extension on this route and session and I don't won't to lose them if you guys can help me.

Thank You any info you might give me for correcting this problem.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer but it doesn't help

While I'm in the edit mode all the cars and engines are on the layout I can see them I can delete them and place them back onto the layout but when I open up driver command and try to choose an engine for the driver they don't show up in the widow. Nothing shows up

Like I said if I go to a different route or session every thing is fine, try re-building the database doesn't help

I have even tried deleting an entire train and replacing it and tried adding a driver to the train but the engine won't show up in window to assign the driver to it

I got about 15 trains with driver commands on the layout if I go to the driver command window the waypoint were they going to drive to are there, the name of the engine is there but in red but it's on the layout and the driver name is there.

If I try to change it to a engine thats on the layout (session) the selection box is empty

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer but it doesn't help

While I'm in the edit mode all the cars and engines are on the layout I can see them I can delete them and place them back onto the layout but when I open up driver command and try to choose an engine for the driver they don't show up in the widow. Nothing shows up

Like I said if I go to a different route or session every thing is fine, try re-building the database doesn't help

I have even tried deleting an entire train and replacing it and tried adding a driver to the train but the engine won't show up in window to assign the driver to it

Hi, If I was you, I would clean out all locomotives and rolling stock from your route and then save it.

When you've established the final version of your route including all scenery, detailing, etc, BUT, exclude any trains and driver commands, then save your route.

Then 'Create a Session' and give it a specific name and save it.

Every time, from that moment onwards,... Edit the 'named' Session - DO NOT EDIT THE ROUTE.

So, whenever you want to place your locomotives, rolling-stock, driver commands, Portals, trackmarks, just edit the session; then save your work in that named session.

When you want to run your session, go to Drive Session and not 'Quick Drive'. Then you will see whether your Al drivers follow the driver commands you've set.

Good luck.
Roy

Hi, If I was you, I would clean out all locomotives and rolling stock from your route and then save it.

When you've established the final version of your route including all scenery, detailing, etc, BUT, exclude any trains and driver commands, then save your route.

Then 'Create a Session' and give it a specific name and save it.

Every time, from that moment onwards,... Edit the 'named' Session - DO NOT EDIT THE ROUTE.

So, whenever you want to place your locomotives, rolling-stock, driver commands, Portals, trackmarks, just edit the session; then save your work in that named session.

When you want to run your session, go to Drive Session and not 'Quick Drive'. Then you will see whether your Al drivers follow the driver commands you've set.

Good luck.
Roy

I Think your right
A lot of work but it looks like the only way
Thanks

Ok here is my problem TRAINZ NEW ERA SP3

I did some mod's added new ground and builds and routes, merged session with the route, I don't care about different sessions,

If, like me, you need only one Session per Route...

Select Route
Select Session
Edit Session (Surveyor will open with Session Layer selected as Active)
Select Route Layer to make it the Active Layer*
Make additions/ changes/etc to Route Layer(s)
Quick Drive
Save - I use eg Route BigOne Session BigOne S
Drive or AI or combination

Exit Driver to Surveyor
Make additions/ changes
Quick Drive
Save - I use eg Route BigOne Session BigOne S
Drive or AI or combination

Rinse and repeat

* If this is the first time or you forget to Select Route Layer, as soon as you remember, Merge Session Layer into Route Layer

I had a similar issue partly of my own making merging routes which were never intended to be merged but as is often the case it seemed a good idea at the time. Unfortunately the routes in question had very similar annotations and naming which with hindsight really confused T:ANE. Trainz struggles to manage any AI enabled assets with the same name hence two or more of any such asset with the same name and understandably AI begins to loose the plot.

Create junctions, placing signal, placing locos and/or rolling stock, industries etc. each gets their own unique number which for a given model of loco and rolling stock are sequential. Now merge two routes containing the same locos and rolling stock where you have accepted the default naming it is quite likely you have a conflict with a string of assets having the same name as another. To confuse Trainz even more I had also named track marks and triggers with the same name on the respective routes being merged adding to the confusion.

This resulted in the host route retaining most of its properties while the imported route lost most of its. While the likes of signals and points sorted themselves out, track marks and triggers etc. and everything they were associated with had to be reconfigured. The biggest pain were the consists and rolling stock which although physically present and could be seen on the merged route were not being recognised as even being present (i.e. they could not be searched in 'find object'). Unfortunately after much fiddling I found it was quicker to delete, replace and rename locos and rolling stock to that name used in my schedules etc. while scenic rolling stock was just replaced at random. Fiddly yes but one consist at a time, noting the exact name and number of each loco, truck, carriage etc. before replacing it, but together with a shed-load of frustration I got there. Peter

Back