New update to 98149 TRS2019

Jayco-man

Update went fast and smooth, rebuild went fast and smooth. Started TRS2019, download window popped up and everything downloaded fast and smooth and finally got rid of the window. Good job N3V, thanks.

This is just for the Beta, correct? I have had these 9 other assets for several that just sit there after clicking Download and don't seem to do anything.

Best,
smyers

This is just for the Beta, correct? I have had these 9 other assets for several that just sit there after clicking Download and don't seem to do anything.

A common issue. One possible remedy is to re-enter your username in the Trainz Settings, Internet tab but no guarantees.

Thanks for the tip, pware, but alas there is no joy in Mudville, the mighty N3V has struck out. So thyis update is for the Beta, and not for Early Access owners? I don't see any update available. This whole business is beginning to wear me out.

Best,
smyers

As an Early Access owner you do have the option to update to the beta using the TRS19 Beta stream in the launcher > Install tab.
Or just ignore the download prompt until we release the next update officially for all TRS19 Early Access owners.

Many thanks, Tony. That did work and allowed me to update to 98149, is that correct? This resolved the glossy issue but has introduced so much moire as to make it unpleasant. One thing or another, eh? I have a 1080ti card nothing I can do makes it better or worse so I think I'll just let it go for now anyway. Too much fighting with this. Unless there's a way to go back to 96900, I think it was.
Best,
smyers

Many thanks, Tony. That did work and allowed me to update to 98149, is that correct? This resolved the glossy issue but has introduced so much moire as to make it unpleasant. One thing or another, eh? I have a 1080ti card nothing I can do makes it better or worse so I think I'll just let it go for now anyway. Too much fighting with this. Unless there's a way to go back to 96900, I think it was.
Best,
smyers

Got a screenshot of this moire? Curious as also have a 1080TI and 98149 looks pretty much OK to me.

Sure clam1952. Here's an example...

3s0AZHH.jpg

As you rotate around your engine it becomes very distracting. The colors are great. Shininess gone.

Best,
smyers

Sure clam1952. Here's an example...
It would be useful to mark that image with an indication of the area in which the moire is occurring. If you also indicate the KUID of the asset involved others may be able to replicate the problem.
Moire is often due to a mismatch between the default resolution of your monitor and the actual resolution of the video display card.

Possibly related to Normal mapping and the auto application of PBR on legacy assets? This just a guess but it doesn't look right.

Thanks guys. I'll post a screen or two tomorrow. These are legacy assets, but they looked fine at the earlier build, 96900 I think. I'm pretty sure my monitor and card match but I'll check. I have a 1920x1080 144Hz monitor. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Best,
smyers

Here's a couple more shots of the moire issue I've been experiencing since this update. It was apparent that something was amiss right away...

CeLEzLZ.jpg

Much of it is circled in red. The louvers on the JR RS1 are really bad.

sjdvFjA.jpg

The 2-8-0 in the background is basically unusable, unless you like shimmering shadows. Curiously, the effect is worse on those assets that were the glossiest in the previous build. Hmmm.... Anyway, I haven't been able to do anything with this. For me, TRS2019 is becoming like the car you keep fixing but runs worse each time you fix it. I'd like to simply revert to the last known good version (96900 I believe) and be done with it. I'm running out of steam (so to speak) to engage in combat over this Trainz. Also, this build corrupted 2 of my K&L engines which now show as "faulty". But my relettered versions are working fine. One of them is no.31 above. Enough of this. I think I'll just let it go.

Many Thanks All,
smyers

Here's a couple more shots of the moire issue I've been experiencing since this update.

Can you send over the following:

Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> Performance ...screenshot is fine.
The kuids for those locomotives or a .cdp if they are your own for us to use in our tests. I very much doubt it is a specific content issue but allows us to work with the same content you are working with.

Back