How to cut out a baseboard within an old route and move to a new route?

railroaderbob

RailroaderBob
Hello all,

Is there a process where you can cut out just one baseboard, say from an existing fifty total baseboard route and then use that one baseboard as the beginning for a new route? I am currently running TANE and TRS2019.

Thanks for the help.

RailroaderBob

No, you have to surgically remove (or amputate) all the other baseboards, and I do mean ALL of them. Unless of course, someone else knows something that years of frustration using this method has been hidden from me.

Thank you for both pware & cascaderailroad for your quick responses. Time to start deleting, one...at..a...time....

Regards,
RailroaderBob

You can mark it out by painting red textures, on baseboard edges, to be deleted ... and view the big scope of the picture, from looking directly straight down in Minimap ... superimposed off to the side, above your route, in surveyor

Last edited:
But, from experience, the worse thing you can do is to get into a mindless routine "Click Delete ... Click Confirm ... move to the next baseboard ... repeat" because you will eventually get so used to this, i.e. it will become so automated in your mind, that you will accidentally delete the one baseboard you wanted to keep and there is no "Undo" when deleting baseboards.

Cascades idea of marking the borders around the baseboard(s) you want to keep with a very obvious texture is a good one.

That is a great idea about the red border...will definitely use this method.

Thanks again both for the feedback and recommendations.

Appreciate it.

Regards,
RailroaderBob

... my experience with cutting:
- edit route
- open layers tab (f6) -> add layer (a) (= layer "cut") -> leave it open
- open topology tab (f1) -> add ground (x) with space between original layout (= layer "cut")
- open tools tab (f5) -> select area = board or section
- open layers tab (f6) -> select layer "cut" .. ! ..
- open tools tab (f5) -> paste selected area (p) on added board (= layer "cut")
- open layers tab (f6) -> lock layer "cut" -> delete other layer(s) ..
- open topology tab (f1) -> select delete ground -> tick board to delete : warningwindow will open -> tick "don't show again"....
- now you can quickly tick around and every tick will delete a board: there will be no leftovers, like industry-tracks or road-/bridge-pieces ... and your added ground will not be deleted per mistake ..
- save as ... new route
- close surveyor
- open eventually content manager -> open config file -> delete non-relevant assets from kuid table (carefully ! ) -> save -> submit edits ...

... have a nice ticking day ...

Last edited:
:cool: Never thought of doing it this way.........:D Unique and effective way to do it.....:wave:Thank you for sharing with us.........

I wish there was an easy way to do this, but alas we have to resort to manual deletion as above.
I like Zsuda's method, looks complicated when put in print but is a good method to use, I just tried it on a 'spare' route :)

I've taken to a method of producing large routes by making modules of stations, yards etc and joining them together to make different larger routes.
I join them with blank baseboards so that each large route has different scenery between modules.

When you delete a baseboard, go to minimap, and click on the farthest away baseboard corner, directly adjacent to the desired baseboard that you want to keep ... and start deleting all 8 baseboards away from the desired baseboard that you want to keep ... and keep working your way outward ... That way you create an empty island around your desired baseboard that you want to keep ... Should you make a mistake, you can always press: "Don't Save", and exit surveyor, then nothing is changed

Last edited:
I create a blank path between what I want to keep and what I want to delete then work on the outside in to avoid clicking on the wrong thing.

I also create a copy of the route I want to cut apart and work from the copy, and I also save often too in case things get messed up I can always go back a step.

Thank you to Zsuda, Euromodeller, Cascaderailroad and JCitron for all of your recent tips and recommendations.

Much to learn and try.

Regards,
RailroaderBob

I seem to remember seeing a promise long ago of being able to cut and paste between routes, but that's probably a figment of my imagination. With computers now often sporting 16GB of memory or more it would seem like a very useful ability to add to some future version.

--Lamont

Back