Attention all LMS and early BR enthusiasts

Ken, I bought both these packs ages ago, have they added to them then?

Thanks,
Chris.

No, if you bought these packs when they were first available as I did, they are the same but if you recall the Duchess pack was released with only three different carriages and there was quite a fuss made by the community as you could not make a decent consist and there was no dining facilities on such a prestigious train. So when the Coronation Scot pack was first released the extra carriages were included with this pack.
My post was really to alert those people who had only bought the Duchess pack in the past that they could add extra carriages for a very modest price.

Ken

Oh OK thanks Ken. I was getting excited and hoped we were getting new carriages, the CS pack is odd because we don't have a third open like the standard LMS PIII. Always found that odd.

Last edited:
Oh OK thanks Ken. I was getting excited and hoped we were getting new carriages, the CS pack is odd because we don't have a third open like the standard LMS PIII. Always found that odd.

From what I can determin there were no Third Opens made for the Coronation Scot, there were however nine Third Opens which were all converted to 42 seat dining carriages for use on the CS.

Ken

When I bought the original Duchess pack, all those years ago, I recall getting six carriages i.e. a BFK, BTK, FK, RFO, RK, and TO. You do mean the LMS PIII Stanier coaches, don't you?

As I recall, there was an update to the original Duchess pack which did include some extra coaches including a PIII in BR blue/grey livery.

Rob.

When I bought the original Duchess pack, all those years ago, I recall getting six carriages i.e. a BFK, BTK, FK, RFO, RK, and TO. You do mean the LMS PIII Stanier coaches, don't you?

As I recall, there was an update to the original Duchess pack which did include some extra coaches including a PIII in BR blue/grey livery.

Rob.

Rob
Did you buy the Coronation Scot pack when that first became available as well as if I remember correctly you only received the Duchess update if you bought the Coronation Scot pack. N3V did not update those who only bought the Duchess pack. If you look at the current Duchess pack there are still only three diffent carriages.

https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/official-n3v-dlc/products/trainz-dlc-duchess

Ken

Last edited:
Yes Rob, that's the pack.

Oh OK thanks for the info Ken, just a read somewhere about consist have an TO being D1904 but that was Wikipedia so I take that with a pinch of salt.

Rob
Did you buy the Coronation Scot pack when that first became available as well as if I remember correctly you only received the Duchess update if you bought the Coronation Scot pack. N3V did not update those who only bought the Duchess pack. If you look at the current Duchess pack there are still only three diffent carriages.

https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/official-n3v-dlc/products/trainz-dlc-duchess

Ken

As far as I can recall there was a general Duchess pack update before the Coronation pack came out as the the original Duchess pack had some horrendous flaws in the Duchess loco meshes. I think there may have been some 'extras' in the Coronation pack for the Duchesses when the Coro pack came out. I must admit, I did get a free Coronation pack as I did some beta testing for Rob Shaw on this model.

It's been nearly eight years (could be longer, I think!) since the Duchess pack appeared.

Rob.

Yes Rob, that's the pack.

Oh OK thanks for the info Ken, just a read somewhere about consist have an TO being D1904 but that was Wikipedia so I take that with a pinch of salt.

These were the nine carriages that were D1904 TO converted to D1981 for use on the CS as RTO.

Ken

Back