Trainz 2019 crashes when speed approaches 65 MPH.

Ok, Now I'am testing and testing some different parameters, but all crashes (CTD) above 102-103 KmH. .....
Thank you for your all suggestings.

I'am a PC portable MSI GT72S dominator pro G with a video card GeForce GTX980M with the same NVidia WHQL 417.71 driver installed and all is OK at high speed with these same routes and same built versions of routes and TRS19 installed in this portable. ..........

In my desk PC, I tried to change the setting of TRS19, the setting of the monitor, ..... but at 102 - 103 KmH TRS19 crashes (CTD) with or without rolling stocks or electric / steam locs.

I continue testing other. ....

Marco Hafner

@Feuche
Can we have an update on your testing of the "CTD at 64 mph" problem? Thanks.

To add to the store of knowledge (Built in routes):

1. ECML Kings Cross to Edinburgh - both sessions - Crash To Desktop at 64 mph. However, "hit F5 to hide your HUD" NOT work on 1st session (Flying) - seems ok on 2nd (Freight) session.
2. ECML Edinburgh to Dundee - both sessions - Crash To Desktop at 64 mph. However, "hit F5 to hide your HUD" seems to work on both these sessions.
3. Niddertalbahn - seems ok.
4. Sebino Lake seems ok.

Often with throttle Up the train can pass through 64mph without problems BUT with decrease in throttle down through 64 mph CTD or freeze even with use of F5.

GTX 1060 (6gig), 16 gig memory, latest drivers, easy drive mode

Will add more info when I get the courage/strength to test more routes of this "game".

But, really, one should not need a "work around" to play.

Last edited:
I also have such a problem. The game crashes at 102-103 km / h on any locomotive. I repeatedly hid Russian-speaking comrades in the forum, no one has this problem. Reinstalling the operating system first helped, then the error appeared again. The game crashes on any settings, even the most minimal ones. Installed on both the SSD and the CDM. Nothing helps. I am very upset that I bought a game that I can not play.
I wrote about the problem to the support service, but I was not given an exact solution. Unfortunately QA has not been able to reproduce this issue.
If anyone had a similar problem, help find its solution.

- It occurs on a cold video card when the computer is just now started.
- RAM 16 GB
- 320 GB free hard disk space out of 800
- On system SSD 88 GB free of 111
- This happens on any route or session.
- Nvidia drivers latest version 430.64
- Reinstalling the game did not produce results
- Repair of the game database also does not solve the problem. More precisely, a couple of times we managed to get around the error after reinstalling the OS and after repairing the database. But for some reason, the error reappears.
Video error:

Last edited:
Good news is that we've now tracked down the trigger that causes this issue - it is related to sounds.

The workaround is to set your in-game sound volume to 0, and your trains will no longer crash.

We haven't yet identified why this only affects some people, but now that we're on the right track, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

hi guys.

I have the same issue here. Everytime I get to 65mph, crash to Desktop. No warning, no reason. really annoying as I have just bought TRS2019.

I made my own thread, then realised the constant i missed was the speed of travel.

my specs are as follows:

System specs as follows:

i5-4670K @3.40GHz
8GB HyperX DDR3 Fury ram @ 1600mhz
EVGA GT1050Ti
500gb SSD (system drive)
2TB HDD (where the game and all stuff pertaining is stored)

I thought I had a Ram leak, but it seems to stay stable at 5gb usage at all times. I have also updated the latest Nvidia drivers for the 1050Ti, so it's not that. I have some settings turned down a touch but the game runs well on my system.

Each time this has happened its both been with a mix of realistic and DCC modes. it happens on ECML Edinburgh to London, and the route upto Aberdeen (or dundee).

I haven't tried the HUD trick, but to me that doesn't truly identify the issue?

EDIT: sorry, missed the reply above, so it's a sound issue?

you say it's only affecting some users, could more detailed demographics be found? if so, it could be more easily traced back. Also, when a permanent fix is found, where do we find out if it's released? cause I'm worried I'll set the volume to 0 and then forget to turn it up for months on end lol

Last edited:
hi guys.

I have the same issue here. Everytime I get to 65mph, crash to Desktop. No warning, no reason. really annoying as I have just bought TRS2019.

I made my own thread, then realised the constant i missed was the speed of travel.

my specs are as follows:

System specs as follows:

i5-4670K @3.40GHz
8GB HyperX DDR3 Fury ram @ 1600mhz
EVGA GT1050Ti
500gb SSD (system drive)
2TB HDD (where the game and all stuff pertaining is stored)

I thought I had a Ram leak, but it seems to stay stable at 5gb usage at all times. I have also updated the latest Nvidia drivers for the 1050Ti, so it's not that. I have some settings turned down a touch but the game runs well on my system.

Each time this has happened its both been with a mix of realistic and DCC modes. it happens on ECML Edinburgh to London, and the route upto Aberdeen (or dundee).

I haven't tried the HUD trick, but to me that doesn't truly identify the issue?

EDIT: sorry, missed the reply above, so it's a sound issue?

you say it's only affecting some users, could more detailed demographics be found? if so, it could be more easily traced back. Also, when a permanent fix is found, where do we find out if it's released? cause I'm worried I'll set the volume to 0 and then forget to turn it up for months on end lol

Well as Tony said, it's related to the sound-engine within the game. There could be as many triggers for this kind of error as there are users with PCs who happen to have that particular combination of hardware, software, moon rays hitting their roof, aliens sitting outside their window, and birds singing only on Sunday afternoons. In reality it's a lot more simpler than that, but not by much. It could be a particular sound chip on a motherboard or sound card that has trouble keeping up with the sounds coming from the sound-driver in the game engine. All there needs to be is a bit of a buffering problem, or something else to cause something to get corrupted in memory, and whoops there goes everything to the desktop. These are elusive problems that take sometime, to put it mildly, to find and it's great that the developers have found the trigger for the problem. Once they have this part, they can then work backwards and repair the problem in the code. Hopefully we'll see it soon(tm) in the upcoming service pack whenever that's available.

This wouldn't be related to the cockups Microsoft appear to be making with the last updates to 1903 casing sound issues? As in some settings missing, sound to quiet and so on, not affected me, touch wood, however there are a fair few annoyed gamers.

Maybe you shouldn't drive so fast. Anything over 25 mph Trainz becomes an un-enjoyable blur ! I spend most of my time railfaning trains, watching them go by with rotating trackside cameras, in yards switching at speeds of 0-5 mph

sorry it's been a week, been busy,

Well hopefully it is soon or else I've just sunk over £100 in the game and content packs for it, for no reason.

The fact that N3V has now got the problem isolated down means that there's a fix on the way. I don't work for N3V so I don't have any information to share other than experience with programs, processes, and corporate stuff.

I will say that not is all lost with your investment. There's a lot that can be done and driving this route is only a tiny fraction of the complete package. I've been using the program since December 2003 in its various forms and iterations. Once this bug is worked out, you'll find that this is the best version yet. I'm saying this with experience. In addition to this route, which really doesn't interest me, I have lots of routes I drive and work on in Surveyor with some sessions running for up to 8 hours at a time without issues. I have also worked in Surveyor for much longer as I build some routes.

Here's some pics of some of the recent projects I have in the works. The routes below are:

Gloucester Terminal Electric. The freight is on a freight route that parallels the waterfront as it connects to the various warehouses and wharves. This is a drastically modified version of George Fisher's Gloucester Terminal.

attachment.php

A highly modified version of Scratchy's Eagle River.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2019-01-26 183215.jpg
    2019-01-26 183215.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 177
  • 2019-02-09 175819.jpg
    2019-02-09 175819.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Thanks for the response, John.

Yes I understand and thinking about it I could also drive more of the cornish branches as the speed doesn't get near to 65 on some stretches. also your screenshots look exquisite!

I downloaded and installed SP1 build 103369 today, and in the list of changes and fixes it was said that this bug was fixed, but today I started the game and again got a fall of 103 km / h.
When the sound is set to 0, the train does not crash.
Is it now necessary to play without sound? Or because of this change the computer hardware? Yes, if you change, then what to change?

VL101141 - Yes - I downloaded the beta version 103369 too a few hours ago and was also disappointed to see that the sound-related crash to desktop remains despite a previously-mentioned 'fix'.
Fortunately, the workaround does still work.
I ended up restricting speeds to 100 km/h/ 62 MPH on affected routes by bulk-replacing any speed signs allowing higher speeds.
Makes a mockery of some express passenger services, but most of my freight operations remain unaffected.

I must say this to the developers that the error has not been resolved. Unfortunately, I can’t; I don’t speak English, since I am from Russia. I am writing through a translator.

Last edited:
Yes, I had noticed the release of the SP1 beta, however, I've not downloaded it, I tend to prefer downloading when everything is fixed, I hope people do understand.

But I will say I am happy that some sort of progress is being looked at.

I know this isn't quite what you're looking for, but I've just run the Flying Scotsman (Edinburgh to Dundee) session in the TS19+SP1. No problems with running the train at 80+mph, so it's not every PC that has the problem.

My PC has a built-in sound system (Gigabyte Sniper Motherboard), so the sound processing is separated from CPU running the sound as well as the program.

Hope there's a resolution soon,

Colin

ColPrice2002 - Problem only manifests itself if you are observing a nearby consist attaining or exceeding 63 mph using an external camera view. If in-game sound levels are set to zero (off) then no CTD occurs.
(Has also been known to occur in Map mode if you are zoomed in and focused on a moving consist).
I have a discrete Asus PCIe sound card handling all in-game 3D spacial sounds and it still affects my system.
Distant trains exceeding the limit throughout the route do not lead to CTDs - only nearby, in-focus ones appear to trigger this event.

Back