Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trainz 2019 crashes when speed approaches 65 MPH.

It's actually fixed but missed the integration for SP1 by an hour or so. (i.e. it will be in the next update).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, California, San Jose
    Blog Entries

And here I thought maybe he was speeding around curves without inclines too fast.

Make train simulators great again #MTSGA obiter dictum

The game program does not support 64MPH (103-104kph) variables

103kph=64.0012245mph
    104kph=
    64.6225956mph

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

Does not happen when you drive slower.

I drive at yard switching speeds of 1 mph - 5 mph, with a top mainline speed of 10 mph - 35 mph max.

Your trains running at 104KPH (64MPH) will be an absolute blurrrrrr zooming by !

Have fun, and learn to drive slower, or enjoy crash to desktop all the time.
    I want all my performance sliders set to "Full"

Interestingly the problem is/was totally related to OpenAL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenAL). Our code was correct as per the OpenAL documentation, but not as per the OpenAL headers. This suggests that the OpenAL implementation itself has a bug (i.e. doesn't match its own formal specification). Since we can't do anything about that, and since clamping to the range specified in the headers appears to resolve the issue, that's the fix we've implemented. (To be included in the next update).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Interestingly the problem is/was totally related to OpenAL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenAL). Our code was correct as per the OpenAL documentation, but not as per the OpenAL headers. This suggests that the OpenAL implementation itself has a bug (i.e. doesn't match its own formal specification). Since we can't do anything about that, and since clamping to the range specified in the headers appears to resolve the issue, that's the fix we've implemented. (To be included in the next update).
    Don't forget game "Pause" in surveyor fix, please.

John

Hey, just wondered, as the thread has gone a bit Q since the 10th, is there any further progress reports?

cheers.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by MetCam101 View Post
    Hey, just wondered, as the thread has gone a bit Q since the 10th, is there any further progress reports?

cheers.
    It could be the devs are busy. It's been said here, by Tony Hilliam by the way, that when we don't hear from anyone in management it means they're busy. With the issue being related to the Open/AL, it could mean they need to find a workaround to get past the bug in the code that's not even their fault because they based the work on the specs given. Tony will update us at some point, I'm sure.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592