Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz 2019 crashes when speed approaches 65 MPH.

Default Trainz 2019 crashes when speed approaches 65 MPH.

It does not seem to matter what engine I'm using.

To replicate:
    Place engine at MP 804. (Facing so it does nopt run off the map)
    Select Realistic mode "Cab Mode".
    Accelerate to 70 MPH.
    The program will exit to the desktop after 64 MPH.

I tried this with different diesel engines and with, and without, different consists. It has happened at a couple of different locations, all in the Mohave Subdivision. I also tried this in DCC mode with a Big Boy (4-8-8-4). Same thing, exits to the desktop after 64MPH

Is this a known bug? Is there anythiong I can do to help fix this?

TIA

-Julian

MP 804 is inside the portal. You should not try to drive a train out of a portal. Move the loco to MP 805 and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
    MP 804 is inside the portal. You should not try to drive a train out of a portal. Move the loco to MP 805 and try again.
    Thank you for jumping in.

Single Locomotive (BNSF SD70MAC H3) at 806.

Same result, got up to about 64 and got kicked back to my desktop.

-Julian

What are your PC specs, video card, laptop, desktop ?

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    What are your PC specs, video card, laptop, desktop ?
    No overclocking. Need to update my Video card. But car tires came first.

Desktop:
    MBD: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K - 59.6%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 - 40.8%
    SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB - 42.6%
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 74.9%
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - 55.4%
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB - 83.4%
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 C10 4x8GB - 45.8%

To get a better video card, you need to find a video card specs, that does not exceed your present power supply wattage ... or put in a more powerful power supply, if it is not powerful enough in wattage to run a better video card

I only have a GT430 ... I doubt it would perform well at all

Maybe it is because scenery keeps popping up in the distance, overwhelming your video card ... try lowering performance settings ... or drive below 65 ... I usually like to see my trains running slow, rather than wizzing by, I usually drive @ 35 mainline, and as slow as 1 mph in yards

Try 45 mph and see whether it crash's
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; November 24th, 2018 at 09:49 AM.

Julian3ce - Looking at your benchmarks above, I'd like to suggest one thing that could make a big, noticeable difference to the performance of your rig right now for no extra outlay that it seems you haven't done already:
    i.e. Set up one of your two Samsung 850 EVO SSDs to use Rapid Mode (DDR3 RAM cache for your SSD to vastly increase its performance).
    Then run your version of TRS2019 from that augmented drive. You will be amazed at the difference! (Best results come from it also being your boot drive, so consider using the 500Gb one for that purpose too).
    Use the latest Samsung Magician software to create the Rapid Drive - a free download from the Samsung website.
    The GTX 680 is a great, but now aging card. The about-to-be-released RTX 2060 (if priced intelligently by nVidia) could well be a great replacement option for those who are still rocking these venerable cards.
    Better performance and greater efficiency with lower power requirements coupled with the latest graphics capabilities and features for less than you originally paid for the 680.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; November 24th, 2018 at 04:57 PM.

Benchmarks look low for those Samsungs, I get 107% for a 500GB 860 Evo without using the magician, also get 101% and 95% for my two Corsair SSDs, MX300 and MX500 and 83% for a 240GB Kingston, boot drive that came with the PC.

You are using AHCI drivers and not the default IDE ones that Microsoft dumps on you ?
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    To get a better video card, you need to find a video card specs, that does not exceed your present power supply wattage ... or put in a more powerful power supply, if it is not powerful enough in wattage to run a better video card

I only have a GT430 ... I doubt it would perform well at all

Maybe it is because scenery keeps popping up in the distance, overwhelming your video card ... try lowering performance settings ... or drive below 65 ... I usually like to see my trains running slow, rather than wizzing by, I usually drive @ 35 mainline, and as slow as 1 mph in yards

Try 45 mph and see whether it crash's
    Hello, Power Supply is Cooler Master Silent Pro M - 1000W 80 PLUS Bronze

According to my UPS, my load is 260 watts, for everything on my desk, external HD, USB devices, monitors, etc. If I recall correctly, I calculated the power consumption to be around 600 watts. I have since replaced three hard drives with SDD drives. I should have room (power) for any video cards.

I have all my settings set to Low. I will try to reduce the distance setting and see if I can live with it.

I'm have a lead foot, lead hand? I tend to get a lot of over speed warnings. I need to work on that, before I get fired or arrested.

PS No problems until I get above 64.

Quote Originally Posted by PC_Ace View Post
    Julian3ce - Looking at your benchmarks above, I'd like to suggest one thing that could make a big, noticeable difference to the performance of your rig right now for no extra outlay that it seems you haven't done already:
    i.e. Set up one of your two Samsung 850 EVO SSDs to use Rapid Mode (DDR3 RAM cache for your SSD to vastly increase its performance).
    Then run your version of TRS2019 from that augmented drive. You will be amazed at the difference! (Best results come from it also being your boot drive, so consider using the 500Gb one for that purpose too).
    Use the latest Samsung Magician software to create the Rapid Drive - a free download from the Samsung website.
    The GTX 680 is a great, but now aging card. The about-to-be-released RTX 2060 (if priced intelligently by nVidia) could well be a great replacement option for those who are still rocking these venerable cards.
    Better performance and greater efficiency with lower power requirements coupled with the latest graphics capabilities and features for less than you originally paid for the 680.
    I dislike buying a replacement part that performs subpar to the older part it replaces. I was able to activate Rapid for the larger SDD. The other one is on a 3GB port.

I initially bought two of 500Gb Samsung SSD's to use in a RAID 0 config. Later, I installed one in a notebook. It does not look like the 1TB drives perform all that great. I may buy a pair of the Samsung's and do the RAID 0, again.

The RTX 2060 looks promising.

-Julian

Latest:
    I did get Samsung Magician software working, on one of my secondary drives. I also installed Trainz 2019 on that drive. I am able to get up to 70 MPH, with no problems. I happy.

Thank you.

Excellent! Well done. Rapid Mode makes a significant difference. Did you benchmark the speed-up?

Uhm, SMOK'IN!!!

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 74.9% vs SSD (with Rapid Mode): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 357%

I'm sold.

Thank you!

Now that I got all my car work done, video card upgrade...

UserBenchmarks: Game 108%, Desk 69%, Work 57%
    MBD: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K - 69.2%
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 C10 4x8GB - 48.9%
    GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 - 142%
    ....I also upgraded to a 4K monitor
    SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB - 48.5%
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 360.5%

-Julian

Wow - that RTX 2070 has benchmarked well. You must be happy with your new rig config now!
    NO hurry - but - Your next step has to be to upgrade the mobo, RAM and CPU to something more modern to better support that GPU. Then you'll really be SMOK'IN!!!