Missing texture Pennsylvania & Berwind Phase 1

miho82

I dowload the route, install all from dls, and i have missing track texture in power plant
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Allsow in cm i have warring

<kuid:109664:600005> Validating <kuid:109664:600005>
<NULL> Performing asset precache
<kuid:109664:600005> $tad_precache_skipped_missing_deps

There are some additional stuff you need to download. Make sure you also got the stuff on the main page and not just the stuff in the download links. (I discovered this the hard way). This may very well be the stuff you are missing.

Also, in Content Manager ensure nothing is open for edit. If there is anything open, highlight, right-click and choose Revert to Original.

The warning is normal if something has a problem. The program won't cache an asset if there's problems with it in some fashion.

Welcome to Trainz and to the forums.

That is not a missing track texture, rather a seasonal texture (it's supposed to be snow :p). Looks like Trainz automatically set the route date to the current date instead of the original date that was set for the route specifically (which was sometime in July). This means that to "fix" the texture, you need to set the date to sometime in the Summer season. Here are the ways to do that if you didn't know already.

If you want to edit the route or a session for the route, then (once in Surveyor) you would click on Main Menu > Edit Environment > Location (the globe) and set the date from there, then save.
If you are in a session and want a more temporary fix, then you would go to Quick Drive > Environment and set the date from there.

Hope this helped.

Did you ever find this, Miho? I am having the same issue and downloaded and installed the dependencies from the main page.

LouP

If that is snow on seasonal track, you need to edit the sessions you want to play with, and change the date to sometime in the summer. When the date is changed, the ballast will turn from snow to stones.

If that really is snow, then the track has been configured wrongly. Snow should not appear as a season. Should only appear as a consequence of being above the snowline.

Back