Why do my boxcars keep rolling after I decouple them? Im using Trainz a new era

wisco7

How do I stop my boxcars from rolling after I decouple them? I'm using Trainz a new era. Build 94916 SP3

Last edited:
Welcome to Trainz and to the forums!

You need to hit A to apply the brakes otherwise they can roll down hills and rather quickly! I lost some loaded coal consists that took off the top of a mountain and ended up on the ground at the bottom with me chasing after them as I attempted to apply the brakes.

There is a certain type of shunting called fly shunting where the loco stops but the wagons roll on on to the siding. Middleton for laptops session has a good example of this.

Cheerio John

Thank you John!! I'm still learning all the rules and techniques. I'm trying to apply what I have learned so far to real world scenarios and I'm thinking it will take me a few years to work things out. Thank you for the help, it is most appreciated.
Best regards, Steve :)

Thank you John!! I'm still learning all the rules and techniques. I'm trying to apply what I have learned so far to real world scenarios and I'm thinking it will take me a few years to work things out. Thank you for the help, it is most appreciated.
Best regards, Steve :)

Hello,

I am somewhat familiar with West Allis, as the founder of the company I worked for for 33 years founded the company there in 1947 before moving the whole operation here in 1969. Hytrol Conveyor Company (www.hytrol.com).

Back