Problem with Decouple driver command?

pware

Trainz Veteran
I have noticed a possible problem with the Decouple command in both TRS19 and TANE (latest betas).

After making sure that the Decouple command had been ticked in the Driver Command Rule, I attempt to add it to the Driver orders in the Driver Setup rule for a driver - the consist does have wagons attached. In TRS19 the Decouple command appears in the drop down commands list as white (selectable) but as soon as you move your mouse pointer onto it it turns grey (not selectable). In TANE it simply refuses to appear at all. This is happening on two different computer systems.

I will submit a bug report but is it just me?

In the meantime, the Uncouplez and UncouplezFrom alternative commands work fine in both programs.

PS: I have discovered that the Decouple command does work but only after a coupling operation. e.g. the loco is separated from the consist (either manually or by the Uncouplez command) and then it is coupled back onto the consist. Only then does the Decouple command become selectable and the list of wagons in the consist appears in the side menu.

PPS: The Decouple command works when entered manually in Driver mode. but not when attempted in Surveyor in the driver Setup rule.

Last edited:
The is the current expected behaviour. There is a task to update the rule to allow "future" decouples to be "programmed".

In TRS19 the Decouple command appears in the drop down commands list as white (selectable) but as soon as you move your mouse pointer onto it it turns grey (not selectable).

Hello,

I have the same thing happening in Surveyor mode with the Wait Until and Wait For Trigger commands. The commands have been ticked in Driver Commands and are visible in the driver menu, but become grey with a mouse-over. I have tested with only two triggers and both are found with Find Object. My route is medium-sized, only a few hundreds of baseboards.
On a small test route, however, the command Wait For Trigger works as expected, but Wait Until does not.
Regards,

Paul

I just tested both commands in TANE and TRS19.

In TANE Wait for Trigger works as expected, WaitUntil does not appear in the command list
In TRS19 Wait for Trigger brings up every trigger and trackmark (don't know if that is "as expected" or not), WaitUntil does not appear in the command list.

EDIT: Bug report submitted

Last edited:
I don't know if some new driver command have been released in the meantime, but most uncoupling orders similar to "Uncouplez from..." are conceived for European-sized trains (i.e. they allow uncoupling the 20th car at most). When my TrainZItalia team worked at several sessions on our American routes, we had to use a Russian command that allowed uncoupling up to the 70th car, but also had some side issues and lacked any documentation except a string of "???". Has some new uncoupling command suited to US-sized train been released?

The command Decouple Number # will work with upto 40 wagons but starts its numbering at #1 = Loco

Last edited:
I don't know if some new driver command have been released in the meantime, but most uncoupling orders similar to "Uncouplez from..." are conceived for European-sized trains (i.e. they allow uncoupling the 20th car at most). When my TrainZItalia team worked at several sessions on our American routes, we had to use a Russian command that allowed uncoupling up to the 70th car, but also had some side issues and lacked any documentation except a string of "???". Has some new uncoupling command suited to US-sized train been released?

I have just discovered a driver command on the DLS that will handle upto to 99 wagons, <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX by trev999, and it works:)

Back