Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Beta Update 97556 to 97923 Now available

Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Australia, South Australia, Barossa Valley

I commend the author (robert3a0) of the 1930s Cornish main line route. An excellent job, but there is always somebody to find errors. No wonder route builders give up.
    Cheers
    Bob

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert65d View Post
    An excellent job, but there is always somebody to find errors. No wonder route builders give up.
    It depends on how those errors are reported to the creator. As a route and session creator myself, I always welcome constructive criticism or reports of the many things I missed. But you are correct. It can be the odd mindless ...

"I spent my valuable time and money downloading this @#$%^&* rubbish from the DLS/DLC - fix it NOW!"
    ... type of comment that can be discouraging. Fortunately, I have yet to experience this type of nonsense response from people who have never created anything in their lives.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

Quote Originally Posted by Robert65d View Post
    I commend the author (robert3a0) of the 1930s Cornish main line route. An excellent job, but there is always somebody to find errors. No wonder route builders give up.
    Cheers
    Bob
    It's completely wrong and saying anything different is lying.

Oh and the GWR ATC ramps are missing. They were in use until the 1970's

Quite a few Ex-GWR & BR-WR loco's were dual fitted ATC & AWS.

Good grief! It's a representation not an historically accurate museum piece.

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

I completely agree. I hate freaking perfectionists. They take great pains and give them to others

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by euromodeller View Post
    Good grief! It's a representation not an historically accurate museum piece.
    Yeah that ^^

Personally I enjoy the route. It's pretty and gives me a chance to run some of the most beautiful steam locomotives ever created.

Do I care about the anachronisms?

No!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

Look at his stupid STUPID username! ---- lovetrainzloathen3v ----we don't need his kind here.

Also notice he does not have a registered copy of Trainz....91 posts and no timeline?....I smell a troll....

Blog Entries

The fact that he can post in forums other than the General forum would indicate that he does have a registered version that is not showing on his timeline - a not uncommon problem of late. IIRC he did admit in an early post that he is a "long time user" of Trainz and has another fully registered username. From that you could assume that his current username may be a cover for trolling but not all of those 91 posts could be regarded as trolling - quite a few were quite sensible and reasonable.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

Quote Originally Posted by BN1970 View Post
    Also notice he does not have a registered copy of Trainz....91 posts and no timeline?....I smell a troll....
    Suffice to say he is one of the original Trainzers and is legal, that's all you get.
    Malc

[QUOTE=davesnow;1716805]Okay. Fixed with a restart. Sorry for all the trouble.

Now, tell me why my grass looks really good looking one way down the track, but really dark looking the other way? I know it has something to do with the shadows but I don't want to have to turn shadows off. I like the shadows for the most part. The grass is JVC Grass 148 group.

[/QUOTE]

Any response to this question. I have the same problem.

And he has an opinion which you can not have around here without being beaten down by the forum police, At least he has the guts to say what needs to be said.
    Cheers Mick.

Blog Entries

I suppose it also depends on what the route creator is claiming. If it is only inspired by or resembling a real route, then differences, both large and small are expected. In fact, new interpretations are expected as they can demonstrate the skills of the creator. If on the other hand it is claimed to be historically accurate, any deviation not forced by the limits of the program, is fair game for criticism if it fails to meet the claimed standards.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 105100, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

[QUOTE=Paul_Bert;1718069]
    Quote Originally Posted by davesnow View Post
    Okay. Fixed with a restart. Sorry for all the trouble.

Now, tell me why my grass looks really good looking one way down the track, but really dark looking the other way? I know it has something to do with the shadows but I don't want to have to turn shadows off. I like the shadows for the most part. The grass is JVC Grass 148 group.

[/QUOTE]

Any response to this question. I have the same problem.
    Good question, I've been trying to figure that one out myself before I answered it, but I can't.

Could it be the assets themselves with some darker textures on one side of the spline assets, but not the other?

The way to find out is to drag the grass spline in both directions and that will answer that question..
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618