Beta Update 97556 to 97923 Now available

Good grief! It's a representation not an historically accurate museum piece.

Yeah that ^^

Personally I enjoy the route. It's pretty and gives me a chance to run some of the most beautiful steam locomotives ever created.

Do I care about the anachronisms?

No!

Also notice he does not have a registered copy of Trainz....91 posts and no timeline?....I smell a troll....

The fact that he can post in forums other than the General forum would indicate that he does have a registered version that is not showing on his timeline - a not uncommon problem of late. IIRC he did admit in an early post that he is a "long time user" of Trainz and has another fully registered username. From that you could assume that his current username may be a cover for trolling but not all of those 91 posts could be regarded as trolling - quite a few were quite sensible and reasonable.

Okay. Fixed with a restart. Sorry for all the trouble.

Now, tell me why my grass looks really good looking one way down the track, but really dark looking the other way? I know it has something to do with the shadows but I don't want to have to turn shadows off. I like the shadows for the most part. The grass is JVC Grass 148 group.

[/QUOTE]

Any response to this question. I have the same problem.

And he has an opinion which you can not have around here without being beaten down by the forum police, At least he has the guts to say what needs to be said.
Cheers Mick.:D

I suppose it also depends on what the route creator is claiming. If it is only inspired by or resembling a real route, then differences, both large and small are expected. In fact, new interpretations are expected as they can demonstrate the skills of the creator. If on the other hand it is claimed to be historically accurate, any deviation not forced by the limits of the program, is fair game for criticism if it fails to meet the claimed standards.

Okay. Fixed with a restart. Sorry for all the trouble.

Now, tell me why my grass looks really good looking one way down the track, but really dark looking the other way? I know it has something to do with the shadows but I don't want to have to turn shadows off. I like the shadows for the most part. The grass is JVC Grass 148 group.

[/QUOTE]

Any response to this question. I have the same problem.

Good question, I've been trying to figure that one out myself before I answered it, but I can't.

Could it be the assets themselves with some darker textures on one side of the spline assets, but not the other?

The way to find out is to drag the grass spline in both directions and that will answer that question..

Back