Trainz Mac 2 Crashes when saving & keep having to punch in serial number

seaboardgp38

North Carolina Railfan
I am running Trainz Simulator 2 for the Mac and every time I save the game it always crashes and the mac computer always complains how it "had" to shut down and restart. And then on top of that every time I start the game up I KEEP having to punch in the serial # and my login in formation and wait on that "update" for the database which takes FOREVER. please HELP somebody I am so fed up and tired I could burst a vein from anger :'(

Well asking once is usually enough, but given the fact that you posted this at 11:38 at night and expected someone to jump right in with an answer is a bit tough. Not everyone here are Mac experts and I'm surely not. You have to wait until a Mac person comes along to get full help.

From what I can tell, I will recommend not starting Trainz completely, but instead at the Launcher load up Content Manager and from the File menu try a Quick Database Repair if you can. That may help, or it may not.

If not, maybe a Mac person can assist you further.

I’d run onyx, which is free and has sorted out issues for me previously, then do an extended database repair in trainz , unfortunately database repairs always took forever on this version. you don’t say which OS X version you are running , have you updated a new security patch recently and has that caused this or has this always occurred ? In my experience this version ran best on snow leopard , it doesn’t like later OS X versions much .

How do I found out what version OS X I’m using? Sorry if I was being a jerk I wanted to make sure someone could hear my plea for help.

Last edited:
I’d run onyx, which is free and has sorted out issues for me previously, then do an extended database repair in trainz , unfortunately database repairs always took forever on this version. you don’t say which OS X version you are running , have you updated a new security patch recently and has that caused this or has this always occurred ? In my experience this version ran best on snow leopard , it doesn’t like later OS X versions much .

Where do I download onyx and how do I find out what version of OS X I am using? Thanks. All these problems started yesterday night before I posted this threaD. I'm using OS X 10.11.6

Update: I found both so no need to reply. However if problems persist I'll post.

Last edited:
Where do I download onyx and how do I find out what version of OS X I am using? Thanks. All these problems started yesterday night before I posted this threaD. I'm using OS X 10.11.6

Update: I found both so no need to reply. However if problems persist I'll post.

Good luck.

Back