Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC route now available to beta testers

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Beta testers who have registered using this link now have access to the betatest:sc486 packages (Parts 1 to 7).

(Note: Only existing TRS19 owners or Gold members have access.)

If you have not registered yet and would like to be involved in the beta testing then click the link above. We'll add new registrations periodically.

The download will be available in-game next time your restart TRS19. If it doesn't appear, click File > Download Purchase Items then Start Trainz again.

We have set up a feedback form here. We encourage you to use the form for feedback, but also post your general feedback here.

KNOWN ISSUES:
ES44 cab is being replaced with a higher quality asset
There is a "missing track" bug that affects some users (seems to be frame rate dependent)

Last edited:
The feedback form only applies to running sessions.

There is a malformed road section at XY:2120.03,46456.63. It may be a missing bridge or an accidental terrain adjustment.

Anyone having trouble downloading this? I can't see SC496 and I've followed Tony's instructions and logged off and on again but no success. There are a bunch of other betatest packages.

This route looks sensationally good, Roy. Congratulations!

coalrun.jpg

Proved to be a test of my new case's cooling fans initially, when I encountered the first yard during the coal run. Temps ramped up to 80 degrees, which made me pause and make some necessary adjustments to front cover filters and improved airflows.
After that, temps settled down to a fairly steady 54 degrees until the end of the session, despite the fact that I was running everything at max settings including a draw distance of 15km.
Frame-rates did drop below 30 FPS from time to time in several areas.
In map view, just before 13 miles had been clocked up on the trip-counter, I saw a couple of orphaned junction arrows off to the side of the track on the left. (Will bug report with screen-captures).
Apart from that and some disappointing LOD pop-up artifacts with the conifers ahead at about 300 to 500 meters intermediate range, and moirés on the track, there were no other glaring issues.

coalrun2.jpg

Glad to hear that the cabin interior is to be replaced with 'a higher quality asset'.
Very encouraging first impressions. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Anyone having trouble downloading this? I can't see SC496 and I've followed Tony's instructions and logged off and on again but no success. There are a bunch of other betatest packages.

Tony's fat fingers strike again.

Try... betatest:SC486

Also added a more "generic feedback" at the end of each session feecback form.

Installed OK apart from the second one was downloading at only 300KB/s, all the others rocketed down at 3 to 4 MB/s and were installed first, canceled it restarted and finished in a few seconds.
Senic run works well everything maxed getting around 30+ FPS, lod is a bit vicious on the trees, GPU temp never went above 63°C (1080TI). So far so good.

Oh and it looks good as well ;o)

Last edited:
Ran the Westbound Tourist session. Beautiful, smooth running. Had to save part way. When I reloaded the save it seemed to take longer to load, than when first loading session. Probably not unreasonable. Loved seeing realistically Loooooooooooooong trains passing. Only issue was no people appeared in the coaches, except one time and I'm not sure how I managed that.

Mac Version

Beautiful route. A bit much for a Mac. As expected, map is very clunky.

Driver runs as expected... 23 to 25 fps on all lowest settings. Lower frame rate in the yards and very jerky.

I know, the Mac is not a gaming machine but the route is being sold with the Mac version so one would at least expect it to be tolerable running though yards and such. I dread entering a yard. This is not a complaint, it is as info about the route as requested. Me? I'm pricing out a gaming PC for Trainz and I'll keep my Mac for all else. Thanks for Trainz and thanks for the routes!

Love the Defect Detector and radio chatter....

Last edited:
I tested the route using the westbound tourist and eastbound engineer sessions. There are some screen jerkiness. I saved the
eastbound engineer session so that I can continue after dinner but I couldn't find the saved session after running TRS2019. I'm not sure about the LOD problem affecting the hopper cars. They appear as "smooth side" before ribs appear on the sides.

Opened up TRS2019 a few minutes ago and was prompted to download a list of 7 packages - evidently the Canadian Rocky Mountains route again.
What gives?
I already had it.
But since I started the download without realising that it was the same route that I had successfully installed last night, my previous version has now disappeared from the routes list!
Lousy download speeds too, unlike yesterday's quick download.
Log-in to the authorisation servers is taking way too long as well... Is this at my end or yours?
Edit Update: Have cancelled the download - taking way too long at 135 kb/s instead of the 33 MB/s yesterday.
sc486 is still in my packages folder with yesterday's date-stamp, though it has now disappeared from my routes list.

Last edited:
...my previous version has now disappeared from the routes list!
Lousy download speeds...
Log-in to the authorisation servers is taking way too long as well...
Those three things might all be connected - connection issue means validation fails so payware is disabled and the server doesn't know that you already have it so offers it again.

Got that annoying little red bug, something about a NullArrayReference in chameleon.gse
TRS2019 97556 bug in chameleon gse more .JPGTRS2019 97556 bug in chameleon gse.JPG
Other than that, great scenery while riding the Westbound Tourist

1. New version of the route offered is an update and includes some fixes in preparation for the code update coming later today (hopefully).
2. Download speed is beyond our control. Same server as yesterday.
3. Authorisation delay - being looked into.
4. Kicking Horse Pass - no, this route is not being expanded beyond the current limits, but new routes are being developed.

Tony

Just downloaded version 26 of the route since yesterday's version was marked as obsolete. One missing Auran assset in a couple of sessions, but but the route showed no errors or warnings.

Tried to create a new session and the route shows up with nothing but textures. No assets visible or even red rectangles.

Is this related to "code update coming later today" ?

Edit: Downloaded new Niddertalbahn (SC485) with same results. Tried Quick Drive and nothing but texture. Tried KS2 just to make sure it wasn't my TRS19 and it still works fine. Maybe you guys should just go to the pub until the new code comes out?

Edit2: Sessions from both routes are missing "kuid2:401543:1166:9> an unknown asset by Auran but why does this affect quick drive?

Glenn

Last edited:
From the Niddertalbahn thread reply by Tony:
"That is a builtin item:
<kuid2:401543:1166:9> Cinematic Camera

It looks like it was updated in the latest code update, so you will get that installed when you update to 97923 (available via "TRS19 Beta" stream very soon)."

Big kink in the tracks (spline break) in Yard just before KC Junction about 100m before Jct G91 (opposite Holzlager 2).
Didn't derail my quickdrive consist, but looks ugly.

Large rock partially blocking the track at milepost 133 and EffectLayer assertion dialog at MP131. (Will bug report).

Last edited:
Back