Can't Find Tree Group in photo

boleyd

Does anyone recognize this group of trees? There are several in a route. I remember placing them. But now they can't be found in the route when I try selecting/clicking them. The tree type represented by the small tree on the left that appears to be part of "Tree Pine Group" which can be selected and placed. I can only speculate that a larger group obviously existed but was removed from the DLS for some reason

Using TS19 but the Tree Pine Group also appears in TANE SP3 but only the small 3 tree grouping.

grass003.jpg

Speedtree Groups were not supposed to be used, bad for performance apparently. They only existed in TANE as a builtin to replace groups in if I remember correctly one of the pre TANE builtin routes and are are set not to be listed in the config.
Should be able to find them in Manage Content and edit the config, if it's not locked that is.

I remember placing them. But now they can't be found in the route when I try selecting/clicking them.
The usual reason for not being able to find an asset in a route is that the selection box for the asset is all or mostly inside the selection box for another asset. When you try to select this tree group something else will be selected. Move that other asset aside, and try again.

Could it be possible that this was a copy-paste group you created yourself? Created it on one spot and then copy-pasted it around the route? Just askin'....

Dick, go into content manager and sort to find version 3.9 speedtrees that you have installed. Your trees will be amongst them and as they wont show up for selection in surveyor I have found it useful to make a picklist containing v3.9 trees. These can be dragged from the picklist to the bulk asset replace tool as well. They will be mostly auran/n3v trees.
cheers
Graeme

I have clicked all over the group with no response. I moved and rotated it as well. I have no idea how to create my own group. That would be great and save LOTS of time.
One route has several instances that I placed. But none respond to selection.

I have clicked all over the group with no response. I moved and rotated it as well.
In that case, you should explain what you mean by '... now they can't be found in the route when I try selecting/clicking them.' If you can move and rotate them then you have successfully selected them. Do you mean that the selected item is not being highlighted in the asset list, or that the KUID is not showing at the bottom of the screen, or something else?

I have "half selected them". That is on-screen they are controllable. However, they do not appear in the flyout asset list when selected on screen. That means I can't select them from the asset menu on the right side of the screen for placement elsewhere.

Dick, they won't appear in the asset list because they are version 3.9 assets, the only way to access them in game is via a picklist. If you use "get objects from world" in bulk asset replace tool they WILL be identified.
Graeme

I have "half selected them". That is on-screen they are controllable. However, they do not appear in the flyout asset list when selected on screen.

Make sure that 'Show Object/Track/Train KUIDs in Surveyor' is checked in Settings / General Settings.

From Australia and Fiji the answer was forthcoming. I absolutely never would have discovered that one myself since I did not know about the ability to change Get Object to Get To Picklist. Planted some trees from Speed Tree Group 04!

Permit listing has to be true or "1" in order for the assets to be listed in Surveyor. These were hidden in TS12 and up due to poor performance and are there only for compatibility reasons to prevent missing assets if they exist at all in T:ANE.

I have created my own tree group as a proof of concept by cloning the TS12 one and importing that into T:ANE. In T:ANE I edited the config.txt file and replaced the trees with my own selection from RMM's trees in the mesh-table and reference in the Kuid-table and fixed the permit listing line. The problem though was the spacing. The trees are really, really spread out and don't look quite how you want them to.

RMM did create some nice tree groups for pines, spruce, some grass, and birches. Look for Elka xxxxxx gr, for example for a spruce tree group.

The other issue with the groups is they only work on flat surfaces. Any tree that sticks out past the hilltop that the trees are placed on, will stick out and float in the air. This might have been fine in the past because the draw distance wasn't far enough to distinctly see this, but now with the shadows and longer draw distances, we have trees floating off in space. Yuck!

Back