Message overlay disabled. How do we enable it?

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
How do we enable the message overlay? It's useful when switching and driving especially to know which other AI driver has decided to balk the schedule and go meandering off to the nearest pub.

Maybe I'm blind, or perhaps old and dumb, but I can't find this in TRS19.

In T:ANE and before it was under the session tools spanner. Where is this moved to now?

It's now one of the checkbox options in the Drivers' Track Profile Settings (cog & spanner icon) in the bottom left quadrant of your Session screen.
Text label says: Driver Messages: "Show Message History"

It's now one of the checkbox options in the Drivers' Track Profile Settings (cog & spanner icon) in the bottom left quadrant of your Session screen.
Text label says: Driver Messages: "Show Message History"

Yes. I discovered that by happenstance. It has a rather unintuitive name, or rather the name should reflect the purpose such as Driver messages. Message history should be that and give the message queue a different action.

I noticed too that in one of the many windows, under the spanner I think - I can't remember offhand due to not being at my Trainzing PC, that there's a Driver's messages with a checkmark next to it but that was enabled from the start so that confused me right from the beginning.

How do we enable the message overlay? It's useful when switching and driving especially to know which other AI driver has decided to balk the schedule and go meandering off to the nearest pub.

Maybe I'm blind, or perhaps old and dumb, but I can't find this in TRS19.

In T:ANE and before it was under the session tools spanner. Where is this moved to now?

Apologies for necroing an old post, but I have been having this issue for awhile as well, even before the latest patch. I made sure the correct checkbox is marked but I don’t see any driver or session messages. I tried this in different routes across built-in and DLC. Any assistance in figuring out why these messages don’t appear for me is greatly appreciated!

Back