Happy Veterans Day!

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Today I, and everyone on the Forums, would like to thank our nations' veterans, not only America, but all the countries of the world. Thank you for your service.

my dad is a veteran because he was in the US Navy

My grandfather on my Mom's side, called Poppy, was also a veteran of the Korean War. Unfortunately, he died just short of seeing me being born, so I never got to talk to him about what he did in the military. However, my grandmother on my Mom's side/his wife, called Grammy, has the flag that draped his coffin hanging at the end of the hallway in her house that leads to the bedrooms, the upper lever level bathroom and the stairs to the basement. So if you need to go anywhere other than the dining room, kitchen, living room, or outside, you'll see that flag.

Thanks all and I also add my own thanks to other veterans.

Bob (Master Sergeant, U.S. Army, Retired 1972-1993)

My dear friend Ben Dorsey, RIP, sir, served in the navy in the 60's he had told me!

"I missed my friend"

Ish

:wave:Good Evening all,

:sleep: Just got back from a little jaunt over to Laughlin, Nevada this weekend and today with some good friends, had a great time,

What I want to say, during a Bingo Game with a few hundred players, They stopped for a minute and recognized all the Veterans in our Bingo room, and as they stood up proudly, both young and several from the Vietnam Era.....

;) I made it a point, wherever I saw a Veteran yesterday and today, too thank them for their Service to our Country.

It is so important that we don't forget about our Veterans, for which we have the freedoms today, because of their actions.......

:wave: @ Ish, I miss Ben Dorsey too,

Didn't know he was in the Service, but I can say, he always showed true virtue of Respect towards his fellow human being, and was in my eyes, a Prince of Man.........Always helpful in many ways.

Back