Saving Sessions

It is easier to dump them using the Content Manager where they will clearly show as deleted items in a group. Select All and Delete.

When you edit route a new session will always be created as some information is stored in the session. To stop new sessions being created you need to open edit session, this opens the old session and the route. Select layers tab and select route, this will put any work you do in the route layer. On exit overwrite both the session and route and this will replace the old files.

Here is the expected process to edit an existing route:
1. Edit Route
2. Make some edits (these will be made in the route layer unless you change layers manually)
3. Click Save
4. Choose "Overwrite existing route" and "Do not save session" (which is the default for editing an existing route)
5. Only the route is updated and no new session is created.

Please advise where your process is varying from the expected process.

If you are making changes and then want to test the changes in Quickdrive, then you will be prompted with a "Overwrite existing route" and "Create New Session" option (since a session is required for Driver).

If you then exit Driver and go back into Surveyor and make more choices, you are now presented with a "Overwrite session" option next time you want to go into Driver.

Here is the expected process to edit an existing route:
1. Edit Route
2. Make some edits (these will be made in the route layer unless you change layers manually)
3. Click Save
4. Choose "Overwrite existing route" and "Do not save session" (which is the default for editing an existing route)

If you use Ctrl+F2 for save, then #4 don't work and insist that you must save route and new session

some good answers. will try some of them.

I also made the post in the hope that the beta testers suggest a fix for this. although it could be a major program rewrite.

If you use Ctrl+F2 for save, then #4 don't work and insist that you must save route and new session

Are you sure that you are editing your own route here?
If you are editing a route that is not your KUID, you cannot edit the ROUTE and then use "Save".
You can edit the SESSION and then just save the session.

Please confirm your steps as I am seeing the options as I described in #4.

Are you sure that you are editing your own route here?
If you are editing a route that is not your KUID, you cannot edit the ROUTE and then use "Save".
You can edit the SESSION and then just save the session.

Please confirm your steps as I am seeing the options as I described in #4.

My route in Tane and clone route in TRS19 (Sebino lake clone).
Steps:
-Edit route
-made changes
-CTRL+F2
then it demand ''Overwrite existing route'' and ''Create new session''. Don't allow to use ''Do not save session'' or ''Overwrite exsisting session'' but only ''Create new session( default is shown)

So if i use Save from menu then it react as you describe, but if i use Ctrl+f2 then this change is shown.

BTW
Please be so kind and answer on this post ( if it is possible)
[h=2]
icon1.png
error[/h]
In TANE and in TRS19 this error is shown in non build session:

MultipleIndustryNew : Train.DecTrainBusy> train is not flagged as busy (may or may not be the fault of the calling function) (file gs.gs)

MultipleIndustryNew : Train.DecTrainBusy> train is not flagged as busy (may or may not be the fault of the calling function) (file gs.gs)

<kuid2:45324:400001:2> "JR Multi Industry"

Stack dump:

function $void@GameObject::Exception(string), line -1
function $void@Train:
agrin.gif
ecTrainBusy(), line 1540
function $void@BaseIndustry::ThreadPerformMassStoppedLoad(V ehicle,string), line 500

And train stop running.

Any suggestion what to do.​

regards
celje

Last edited:
-Clone payware route
-Edit route

-made changes
-CTRL+F2
then it demand ''Overwrite existing route'' and ''Create new session''.
Don't allow to use ''Do not save session'' or ''Overwrite exsisting session'' but only ''Create new session( default is shown)

This is correct behaviour.
Here you are using EDIT ROUTE, then trying to enter DRIVER.
DRIVER requires a SESSION.
Since you are not editing a session, a new one must be created.
If you do not want to create a new session, then use Edit Session instead of Edit Route.
You can then use layers to decide if you want to mkae changes in the Route layers or Session layers.

I do not have access to the item <kuid2:45324:400001:2> "JR Multi Industry" but it sounds like the script may need updating. It may also be route/session specific.

Last edited:
Back