Drive command auto

winjmoore

I'm working on a session
The layout is off the download station
Liskeard to Looe
I have programmed a train to drive up to a station and load
then i just want it to drive off all by itself
there are no markers down the line or teleportals (if that is the right name)
i know i could right click on the loco and click drive and off it would go
My question is can i put that into the train list of instructions
after picking up passengers drive off to the end of the line.
In fact it would be better if it did not stop at the end of the line but rather just fell off the end of the line

thanks

There are a couple of session already on the DLS for that route. Download one (or both) and have a look at how they have been setup. Many of the trackmarks and all the triggers in those sessions are part of the sessions, not the route.

You could try -
1. In the Driver Command rule, make sure WaitFor and Delete Train commands are selected
2. Add track markers in the session layer to the east and west ends eg at the west end call it WestEndOut. [Could add a portal to allow the train to "drop off the edge",but then it would become a 'new' route
3. Use the command drive to trackmark <name>
4. Add the command Wait for 5 secs. [sometimes the next command does not seem to work on a moving train]
5. add the command Delete Train

If you are trying to drive your AI train east to west signal LD 32 may give you problems. It appears to be on the wrong track. So add a command to the session Set Signal Extended Rule signal LD 32 to Proceed

Terry

If you are trying to drive your AI train east to west signal LD 32 may give you problems. It appears to be on the wrong track. So add a command to the session Set Signal Extended Rule signal LD 32 to Proceed

LD 32 has been positioned where it is in real life to the right of the up mainline track when in fact it does control the down mainline track.

Great to know that it has not slipped position for some reason. However, in TANE it does seem to stop AI trains proceeding. Easily corrected by taking manual control

Terry

Back