Quinnimont Coal Drag Session in Cab Mode

Heinrich505

I'm having trouble with this session in TANE. I get to the coal consist but once connected, I can't seem to get up the incline pulling the coal cars. Same thing happens in TRS2019 but Tony said they are working on some problems with the session for that, so I figured I would just run TANE for now, but still no luck here either. First time running the 2-6-6-6. I must be missing something.

I'm in cab mode, and I've tried various combinations of regulator and cut-off, but I can't seem to get the train moving. I've applied the sander too. No luck. I can get a little movement, but then I lose momentum and end up stopped. I've even tried rocking the engine back and forth a bit, reverse and then forward, and that sometimes gets the wheels moving slightly forward, but then everything stops again.

Suggestions are welcome. Of course I can always use DCC and get past that point, but that takes away the challenge. :(

Thanks,

Heinrich505

So, I just figured out that I was bleeding off most of my steam when I was backing up to connect with the initial consist. Oops! :eek:

Once I corrected that, I was pulling off with the consist and running the session with no problems. What a rush!!! Dragging 125 loaded coal cars at one point, with a single engine. That 2-6-6-6 is truly a beast.

This is one heck of a challenge in Cab Mode. Very nicely done.

Heinrich505

Just checked the same scenario in TANE. Same problem - previously bled off too much steam backing up to the consist.

Just pulled away smoothly in Cab Mode there too. Yep, operator error. Nothing to see here folks...move along. :eek:

Heinrich505

Gawpo50,
This is your route, right? I love it. :clap:

As I noted above, it was quite the rush in the cab, sliding the cut-off forward just a bit, and then dragging the regulator back a touch, looking out the window and seeing the engine start huffing and puffing and the ground slowly sliding past as that enormous train consist started to pull up the incline, and then gaining momentum! Not being able to start up was bothering me for several days, and I kept going back to that one spot, trying to rock the engine back and forth, to no avail. DCC worked just fine, but I wanted to "drive" that baby off the mark. Finally figured it out.

The route looks great in TANE, but even better in TRS2019. Such a nice job. Thanks for your efforts on this.

Heinrich505

Back