Scrapple as a Commodity ?

I'm not the most culinary adventurous, but one dish I'd never eat is Lutefisk. It's fish that's been soaked in LYE, yes LYE, for two days as part of its preparation for eating.

I'm not the most culinary adventurous, but one dish I'd never eat is Lutefisk. It's fish that's been soaked in LYE, yes LYE, for two days as part of its preparation for eating.

I tried it once. It not only tasted very fishy, like processed codfish, it also had the weirdest texture I have encountered. It's served with boiled potatoes and onions mixed in a cream sauce.

The fish is actually kept in a lye in a cheesecloth to prevent it from breaking apart and then soaked in water for two days. My grandmother used to make it for my grand dad who was Swedish. My mom made it once and we never had it again.

I would imagine that Haggis has kinda' an earthy flavor, bland and mooshy (like what it's made of) ? Served in some sort of an a-la-naturel' casing tube :hehe:
I would imagine that Blood Pudding is also kinda' an acquired taste :p

It is all the multitude of cornmeal, pin oats, steel oats, wheat meal, and lots of herbs and spices mixed in, that makes Scrapple such a gastronomic (nightmare) delicacy, and too when the glutinous offal is fried, a crispy crust is formed, making it able to be picked up with fingers, or shoved in an egg sandwich

Try any flavor jelly, jam, preserve, apple butter (including grape flavor) on scrapple

Kentucky Fried Chicken & Waffles are launching nationwide Monday for a limited time. (KFC)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !
https://www.nydailynews.com/resizer...3/turbine/ny-1541782122-kgc41p4frf-snap-image

Last edited:
Back