Adding properties to trackmarkers

aarbee65

I have searched the Forums for many an hour and have not been able to find any reference to help me. Is it possible to do this (add properties) and if so can anyone enlighten me please. I want to place a track-mark at a station then set waiting time, passenger load/unload, continue schedule. This track-mark to be placed in "builtin" stations where the track is embedded into the asset and cannot be edited.

aarbee65, aka RICHARD BERRY

[I am now at an age when I don't need help to get confused]

Trackmarkers are simply static markers that can be placed on the track - they have no properties (apart from the radius of their effect), not even the direction the "pointy end" is facing has an effect.

What you want to do is handled in the Driver Commands in the Session Editor, Driver Setup rule.

I would use ...

1. Navigate to (or Drive to) <name of trackmark>
  2. Wait for <enter time delay>
  3. Load (or Unload - for passenger trains the two are the same, but the station must be Industry Active)
  4. Navigate To (or Drive To) <name of next trackmark>

There is a guide to using the Driver Setup Rule at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Driver_Setup_Rule

So, you do as you say. But it does not unload completely, even if the station is not full: The wagon departs still almost or fully loaded. To make more complexity, there are two assets for passengers, and some stations use one type and others the older one. So, you configure the wagons to carry both, and you can see the icon on top of the wagon with both. Arrive to station and it unloads some and re-loads again, even if the command icon shows "unload". Then there are the "Western passengers" and they somehow interact with the other two. Take a wagon and configure it to carry the 3 types. You can't, if yo try, you can't add a value to the 3rd, just two types. But wait, now you try to unload for good the wagon at the end of the run, and issue an "unload all". It doesn't unload anything, as looks like this command is for freight, not for passengers. So, is there a "Unload all" for passengers? Sorry to vent all this, but I had to tell...

llebrez, as I stated in my response, there is no difference between the Load and Unload commands for passenger wagons - they will both load and unload passengers. In any case if the Unload command, for example, for a passenger wagon worked exactly like the Unload command for a coal wagon then all the passengers would exit at every stop - hardly prototypical. You would then have to issue a Load command to get all of them back on again and you cannot have a Load command immediately following an Unload command (or vice versa) at a station or an industry. Try it with coal wagons at a facility that both loads and unloads coal - you have to move the train out after unloading and then move it back in to load.

Of course where this falls down is at terminal station where all the passengers should leave the train and all the waiting passengers should get on. Someone should create a rule or script that can do that - perhaps some one has.

As for the two assets for passengers, the newer of those is a replacement for the older one which does not work correctly in TANE.

For passenger stations the amount of passengers unloaded depends on the type of the station.
Terminal - 100%
Large - 50%
Standard - 25%
Small - 10%
The Load command always does an unload, followed by a load, for passenger stations. The unload command does an unload only.
There is a 'Terminate Passenger Train' command available (<kuid2:116387:16:2>, TANE builtin), which forces a 100% unload.

Peter

Last edited:
For passenger stations the amount of passengers unloaded depends on the type of the station.

Thank you for that clarification Peter. I was sure that a change of some sort had been made to the load/unload commands for passengers but was uncertain as to exactly what.

Terminal - 100%
Large - 50%
Standard - 25%
Small - 10%
The Load command always does an unload, followed by a load, for passenger stations. The unload command does an unload only.
There is a 'Terminate Passenger Train' command available (<kuid2:116387:16:2>, TANE builtin), which forces a 100% unload.

Peter
All this time I never knew what those setings did. This is good info.

All this time I never knew what those setings did. This is good info.
You did not know because, to my knowledge, it is not described anywhere of easy access. It may be described in a deep instructions or facts that not may of us see. And to compound the problem, when someone at N3V see us making noise about an issue, they don't clarify the facts. You'll think that brilliant people making Trainz work, would have answers to mundane issues as this one. But, no. It has to be Peter the one to discover and share with us. So, Thank You, Peter.

aarbee65.

I have been a bit preoccupied with other things hence the tardy response; thank you to all who helped with my query; all seems to go well now except for the occasional run through with out actually stopping but I can just about put up with that!

Thanks again RB

Thank you all!

I have been a bit preoccupied of late hence the tardy response; except for the occasional run through at a station, which I can tolerate, all is now working fine!

Once again thanks for the help!

R B

A known issue with some station assets. The solution seems to be to try using different station assets.

Thank you all!

I have been a bit preoccupied of late hence the tardy response; except for the occasional run through at a station, which I can tolerate, all is now working fine!

Once again thanks for the help!

R B

There's seems to be a correlation between the placement of signals and level crossings before or after the stations. This has been an issue since interactive stations were introduced in TRS2004 SP2.

If either of these are too close to the station assets, for some reason they confuse the station script and cause the drivers to skip the station. Another almost related issue is two trains coming into the station one after another. I found that if the second train is too close and the first train has not cleared the station completely, the second one won't slow down enough to stop, causing the AI driver to pass through the station.

Back