Sloooow A.I. Trains

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Would someone please explain to me why, an A.I. Passenger Train, in a 55 mph zone, with full Green signals, and no other trains around for, like, 50 miles, refuses to go 55 mph and instead, moves along at 27 mph? That's just plain stupid.

TRS2019

Dave, I would like the answer to the same question.
Does this happen in both directions?
If not, I would put it down to the direction the track has been laid in.
Also check that each section of track is laid in the same direction.
I have overcome this by putting in invisible speed signs to increase the speeds :D

Does this happen in both directions?
If not, I would put it down to the direction the track has been laid in.
Also check that each section of track is laid in the same direction.
I have overcome this by putting in invisible speed signs to increase the speeds :D

The track direction is a red herring - plenty of other threads on this myth.

How far ahead is the next signal? When the AI is in its "slow down mode" does the HUD display a distance to the next signal? If the AI does not "see" a signal ahead, either because there isn't one or it is too far ahead, then it can assume that the next signal is red and it will slow down.

I have found that placing invisible signals along a stretch of track that is without signals so that the AI always has one signal within viewing range ahead works.

I have never tried the invisible speed sign suggestion.

I have found that placing invisible signals along a stretch of track that is without signals so that the AI always has one signal within viewing range ahead works.
Consider a segment comprising: a passing siding; a long stretch of dual direction single track; a passing siding.

Movement is controlled by an 04 at the exit of each passing siding and an 02L at the entrance to each passing siding.

---------\----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/----------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\---------------------------

If you put additional sig 04's (visible or not) within the long stretch of single track between the passing sidings, you are going to get cornfield meets.

If you put additional sig 04's (visible or not) within the long stretch of single track between the passing sidings, you are going to get cornfield meets.

True but I use triggers and rules, such as the Set Junctions Rule and the Set Signal Extended Rule, to avoid those. I have also started using Interlocking Towers (I am a late starter) to control traffic flow.

The biggest problem with the AI is that people think that the "I" stands for Intelligence.

Back