Thread: Armistice Centenary

Default Armistice Centenary

A tribute to the fallen.

Rob.
    Last edited by robd; November 9th, 2018 at 11:26 AM.

Nice shot.

I will be bell ringing to commemorate the centenary.

Nice shot! Where's the patriot from? I don't recognise the model...

I have an LMS Patriot 5XP 4-6-0, number 5544, payware from lms_man/gplocomotives. Perhaps it is a reskinned gplocomotives model?

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    I have an LMS Patriot 5XP 4-6-0, number 5544, payware from lms_man/gplocomotives. Perhaps it is a reskinned gplocomotives model?
    That was my first thought, but the model looks at bit different to me from the ones in the screenshots on his site.

Reskin of this one? <kuid:556896:100195> LMS Patriot Class 'Isle of Man' (BR Livery) by wildnorwester. Maybe not though as there's a difference in the pipework. No longer available by the way.
    Malc

Thanks for the comments.

Borderreiver is correct. It's a reskin of LMS_MAN Patriot 5XP no. 5544 which is an un-named loco. I have added a cobbled up nameplate and crest using PEV's attachment tool. I've tried to match the crimson lake colour to Aurans Duchess model, seen here with Royal Train loco headboard and lamps.

Incidentally, tomorrow, Sat 10th Nov, at Crewe Heritage Centre The LMS Patriot Project is exhibiting No. 5551 'The Unknown Warrior' and revealing its new nameplate, I might go there tomorrow afternoon.

https://crewehc.org/works/lms-patriot-project-weekend/

More here on the LMS-Patriot Project website: https://www.lms-patriot.org.uk/

Rob.
    Last edited by robd; November 9th, 2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post

Incidentally, tomorrow, Sat 10th Nov, at Crewe Heritage Centre The LMS Patriot Project is exhibiting No. 5551 'The Unknown Warrior' and revealing its new nameplate, I might go there tomorrow afternoon.

Rob.
    Ooops! must pay more attention, didn't know about that, worth a vist, seeing as I'm just a 15 minute walk away.
    Malc

Thanks for the info about the model.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post

https://crewehc.org/works/lms-patriot-project-weekend/

Rob.
    First chance to see the boiler in the frames I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Ooops! must pay more attention, didn't know about that, worth a vist, seeing as I'm just a 15 minute walk away.
    Yes, only 20 mins away by road for me - and free parking for 3 hours in Tesco's Superstore car park just next door!

Quote Originally Posted by edh6 View Post
    ...First chance to see the boiler in the frames I believe...
    It is. The LMS Project were hoping it would be completed and in steam for this Armistice centenary but I believe they've had some contractual problems and delays so they're about a year away from completion.

Rob.

Hi Robd, the Llangollen Railway decided to carry out no more work on 5551. I might be wrong, but I think there was a dispute about the costs of some of the work they carried out. I don't think it helped that the Royal British Legion backed out of the project and denied the builders the use of their corporate logo.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Hi Robd, the Llangollen Railway decided to carry out no more work on 5551. I might be wrong, but I think there was a dispute about the costs of some of the work they carried out. I don't think it helped that the Royal British Legion backed out of the project and denied the builders the use of their corporate logo.
    According to the Patriot site they were still working on it in July, looks a bit iffy to me though, see Engineering News on the right hand side and Newsletter 37 https://www.lms-patriot.org.uk/

Find out the latest state of play at the weekend I guess or looking at the time later today!
    Malc

LMS Patriot No. 5551 with the new crest as unveiled by Simon Weston CBE at Crewe Heritage Centre on 10th November 2018.

Rob.
    Last edited by robd; November 14th, 2018 at 04:09 PM.

There were a heck of a lot of people there which was good to see!
    Malc