Route testing

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
After registering to test the latest routes, I removed my username and password, restarted TRS19 (97556), entered my username and password. Got an Asset Download window for Blue Comet (part 1 and 2). It just sits there and nothing happens.
TRS2019 97556 Blue Comet 1 and 2.JPG
Is there a switch that needs to be turned on?

I had the same problem with the Blue Comet earlier in the week - as you say it just sits there and does not download. I suspect that it was not meant to be installed and after a while it no longer appeared. I think you just ignore it and it will (probably) go away.

I also signed up for Route testing but nothing has arrived yet... From what I read everything was yet "future." I believe it said "in the coming weeks." - As far as Blue Comet..... No notification here... but I'm on Mac version and I'm sure the PC and Mac versions don't release at same time..???

Looking like it was just a coincidence that I had just cycled my username and password when the popup appeared. After closing it and restarting, it has not appeared again.

Now to wait to start testing the routes.

After registering to test the latest routes, I removed my username and password, restarted TRS19 (97556), entered my username and password. Got an Asset Download window for Blue Comet (part 1 and 2). It just sits there and nothing happens.
This has occurred for at least some users for every new content issue with TRS19. The help desk cannot reproduce the problem and will not acknowledge that it occurs. The only available action is to ignore it for now, and it will sort itself out eventually. It is exacerbated by a bug in TRS19 that deletes the user details, requiring them to be re-entered, and triggering this download. Why they persist in making these changes on a Friday, when nothing can be done over the weekend, I will never understand.

Why they persist in making these changes on a Friday, when nothing can be done over the weekend, I will never understand.

I suspect it gives the users the weekend, allowing for time and date zone differences, to do some testing and reporting before Monday morning (AET).

Started TANE just now and Blue Comet, LMS Duchess and PRR T1 - A Fleet of Modernism all "popped up" in the DLC Download window and, amazingly, started downloading. Something has obviously been fixed.

I suspect it gives the users the weekend, allowing for time and date zone differences, to do some testing and reporting before Monday morning (AET).
It can't be downloaded and tested until the download is kicked along by someone at N3V the following week.

Downloading now at 33MB/s. Takes longer to install each package than the downloads.
All done. Looks great!

Back