Lost textures when going from TANE to TRS19

Relick

I have exported my favourite route from TANE to CDP and imported it into TRS19 and a good 60 to 70 percent of my ground textures have gone.
I thought I was very careful to include everything required, but alas I obviously missed most of the textures.
I would like to know if there is a way to locate the lost textures via KUID number or do I have to re-texture everything?
My HDD is small (240Gb SSD) and I don't have the space available to have TANE and TRS19 on the drive at the same time.
BTW I do have a complete back up of my drive prior to uninstalling TANE and installing TRS19, so all is not lost.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope some one will reply with an answer that will assist me.

Ray,

I have exported my favourite route from TANE to CDP and imported it into TRS19 and a good 60 to 70 percent of my ground textures have gone.
I thought I was very careful to include everything required, but alas I obviously missed most of the textures.
I would like to know if there is a way to locate the lost textures via KUID number or do I have to re-texture everything?
My HDD is small (240Gb SSD) and I don't have the space available to have TANE and TRS19 on the drive at the same time.
BTW I do have a complete back up of my drive prior to uninstalling TANE and installing TRS19, so all is not lost.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope some one will reply with an answer that will assist me.

Ray,

Talking through my hat here, don't have 19, but this situation arises every time I have brought a route forward. I've done 2009 > 12 > T:ANE. Generally, if you can determine which textures are missing (no, not always easy) you can download them and they will then fill in the gaps.

You're kind of kneecapped with that little drive. There are terabyte SSDs available for a price. I haven't seen unbearable slowdowns with my conventional SATA Tb and they are inexpensive. Or put a second smaller SSD in alongside the current one.

:B~)

You cant just transfer all content from Tane to TRS19. Transfer the route and download all required assets for it to make sure you have the most up to date ones. There are some differences between the two that need to be updated to TRS19 standards.
Do you have more than one drive? if so I would move the Trainz folder from the C drive to it.

Last edited:
Ray --

My experience.

There are textures that are in-built with T:ANE that are not built-in to TRS19 and are not on the Download Station.

So, identify which ones are missing (use Manage Content/ List Dependencies in TRS19), go back to the route in T:ANE and change the missing textures to ones that are either in TRS19 or on the DLS.

You will also find the same with objects, structures, track, ... .

Phil

This is the problem with built-in. I have started a couple of routes, decided I needed to go back through and do built-in and DLS only, and then realized built-in was not good either. I haven't worked on either route since. It just got too frustrating.... It would be nice if every new version contained all the assets of the previous versions, but then even more would complain of old assets, no doubt. But it would maybe be nice if those old assets were at least available to new versions. There are a lot of Auran assets that are "unknown" nowadays.....

Last edited:
It may be as simple as downloading the missing textures. Check the route for Missing Dependencies in the Content Manager. I have had this on many "updates" and after downloading the many "missing" textures found that they were fully restored.

You can check. In T:aNE CM list Built-in: True and Category: Textures - Environmental. Select All, right-click and View in new window. Select the whole of the Asset KUID line and copy. Paste it into the Asset KUID line of the TRS19 CM. They are all there.

Please read this article:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content

Basically, all your TANE builtin content is imported via in-game "DLC" downloads. Older Trainz content is almost all available on the DLS.

From there, you can import your 3rd party content using .cdps or Open For Edit.

You CANNOT import built-in content manually - it will not have any textures and will show errors.

Thank you Tony. Again this is an issue as the computer I use for playing games is not connected to the internet. I use my laptop for internet and downloading and as such the required content can not be gathered.

Cheers

Ray --

My experience.

There are textures that are in-built with T:ANE that are not built-in to TRS19 and are not on the Download Station.

So, identify which ones are missing (use Manage Content/ List Dependencies in TRS19), go back to the route in T:ANE and change the missing textures to ones that are either in TRS19 or on the DLS.

You will also find the same with objects, structures, track, ... .

Phil

hanks Phil, I will try that.
T

You cant just transfer all content from Tane to TRS19. Transfer the route and download all required assets for it to make sure you have the most up to date ones. There are some differences between the two that need to be updated to TRS19 standards.
Do you have more than one drive? if so I would move the Trainz folder from the C drive to it.

Yep I am aware of that and that is why i was careful (not so not careful after all) to copy files as CDP's and I thought I had them all.
There has been other suggestions made and I will try them.
Thanks

I did the same with the two model layouts I transferred into TRS19.

In T:ANE I replaced all the textures with one that was only on the DLS, imported the layouts into TRS19 and saved after deleting missing assets. It bought me back to the bare baseboard (though the squares were of varying sizes and overlapping).

I did the same with the two model layouts I transferred into TRS19.

In T:ANE I replaced all the textures with one that was only on the DLS, imported the layouts into TRS19 and saved after deleting missing assets. It bought me back to the bare baseboard (though the squares were of varying sizes and overlapping).

Yes, I had the same issue with the squares and also my hills etc have become jagged peaks. All missing of the textures were from T:ANE and the DLS.
Cheers.

Back