Thread: Unvalid KUID user ID error

Blog Entries

Default Unvalid KUID user ID error

This is for <kuid:886774:28055> Kolonka. I don't see anything wrong in the config. Is it an ID that has been banned or something like that?

It's some sort of scenery item, part of the EVWR route.
    "My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

Blog Entries

The error basically means that someone has used a User ID other than the one assigned to them by the MyTrainz system. Is it a built-in item or one that's available elsewhere?

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Quote Originally Posted by boc61 View Post
    This is for <kuid:886774:28055> Kolonka. I don't see anything wrong in the config. Is it an ID that has been banned or something like that?

It's some sort of scenery item, part of the EVWR route.
    Usually a Pirate users kuid as in they do not own a legal copy of Trainz. Would never have been on the DLS but some third party site.
    Malc

Blog Entries

It's not Built In. I brought it over from my TS12 files. Let me see if I can find it somewhere else.
    "My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Usually a Pirate users kuid as in they do not own a legal copy of Trainz. Would never have been on the DLS but some third party site.
    I found it on another site and it's the same item, still faulty. I'd say you are probably right. If I can figure out what it is I'll replace it.

Simply use Trainz Patcher.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Simply use Trainz Patcher.
    Yeah and illegally enable piracy - good call - NOT.
    Found out the hard way, not to buy routes from Trainz Premium Routes. If you don't run Trainz Patcher supplied with the routes, half the route and half the rolling stock won't work.
    AAAARGH I HATE PIRATES
    cheers
    Graeme

The problem is: you don't know before buying. And it is useful for many, many other (free or payware) routes. Even some assets on the DLS use dependencies with the "Invalid KUID User ID" error.
    Last edited by HPL; November 9th, 2018 at 07:13 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm also not keen on the use of said tool to fix that as it may cause other issues down the line - it's usually better to replace said dependency in the config file.

Shane

EDIT: If it's a route dependency it may be worth seeing if it can be replaced by the route author.
    Last edited by shaneturner12; November 9th, 2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    it's usually better to replace said dependency in the config file.
    Maybe... but that doesn't work.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I came across a couple of those assets way back when I transferred routes from TS12 to T:ANE.

In one of the routes I searched for the asset to find out what it is, and then did some surgery on the item.

I went into Content Manager and opened the asset for edit.
    Copied the asset folder to my desktop, and edited the config.txt where I gave it one of my own kuids, but with a very, very high number. I also modified the username so I know what it is.

I then imported that version of the asset into my route in T:ANE, replaced the 'fixed' asset in the same location, and then ran delete missing assets.

Now I know that this wouldn't work if I planned on uploading the route, or sharing the route with others, however, this was one of my big mash-ups of various routes belonging to other people and have no plans of sharing it except through screen images.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

N3V did actually re-issue a couple of items under their kuid that were required in DLC or used to be builtins I forget which but they got zapped under this phoney kuid thing. A Russian coach as in road vehicle was one I seem to remember.
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I went into Content Manager and opened the asset for edit.
    Copied the asset folder to my desktop, and edited the config.txt where I gave it one of my own kuids, but with a very, very high number. I also modified the username so I know what it is.

I then imported that version of the asset into my route in T:ANE, replaced the 'fixed' asset in the same location, and then ran delete missing assets.
    That's a method I tried, but it breaks all sessions.

Blog Entries

I pretty much did what John did. I gave the asset my KUID and deleted the faulty one. I have no plan on uploading the route.

If it is 1 asset, it might be not worth the risk to use Trainz Patcher. But I had around 1000 of those, and Trainz Patcher saved me a lot of time.
    I get the piracy argument, but pirates are gonna pirate anyways, and they can also use other person's real kuid id's, as happened with Filatov14 using ryanarcee's kuid id. It does not punish the pirate who is going to pirate it anyways, it only punishes the person who wants to drive a route that contains those assets.

Marcos
    PM me for missing kuids