Black and white, slanted screenshots

RobKi

I guess this is a hardware issue, so I'm posting it here. Please tell me if it belongs in another section of the forum.

My screenshots come out all wrong, like this:

RobKi_20181106_0002 by Rob Kievit, on Flickr

They're in black and white, something about the synchronization appears to be wrong (like an old TV set) and they appear in the Trainz Screenshots directory as .jpg files when I press PrtSc. I thought they were supposed to be in .tga format.

I'm running Trainz2009, Full Screen, under Windows 10, and everything else works.
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Video BIOS 2111.0
Resolution 1366x768
Colour depth 32 bit
Refresh rate 60 Hz.

Taking screenshots with PrtScr from other programs works fine.

Given all this, can anyone help me get better Trainz screenshots?

Hello, change aspect ratio to AutoDetect or 4:3 , try experiment with your display setting!! Is you had laptop? I seem that your Intel HD Graphics 3000 is basic video, and not work with T:ane!! but you not sign up ts2009 and I look your timeline just only T:ane???

John

Last edited:
Solved: B/W out of synch screenshots

Well, the screenshot issue appears to have been solved. I changed the Trainz screen resolution setting to 1360 x 768, ignoring the unusual 1366x768 suggested by the system. Thank you for the hint, John.

As for the versions: I first purchased TANE (from the Trainz Store, in 2017) and discovered that it wouldn't work on my state-of-2012 laptop. My integrated graphics chip is below the minimum requirements for TANE. Although I have DirectX 12 installed, the graphics card only supports DirectX 10.1 functions.

Not wanting to buy a new graphics card, nor a new system yet, I then decided to downgrade to Trainz2009. This I purchased in 2017 from JustTrains.net, which explains why it is not in my official Trainz timeline.

Here is a test shot. Not much to see, but at least it is exactly reproducing the Driver view. I'm aware that I can switch off the onscreen menus and dials. Thank you everybody for your suggestions.

BetterPrtScr-RobKi_20181107 by Rob Kievit, on Flickr

Back