ECML Woes!

sterrett

Remember the Withered Arm
When my ECML updated, I could not access it. The Content Manager shows all the required Assets as "Payware Not Active".

I have completely uninstalled TRS19 and reinstalled it, ECML was fine initially. However, when I restarted it, it wanted to download the SC297 Payware Files and now I am back to a blank screen when I try to load ECML and in Content Manager all the Dependencies show "Payware Not Active".

As the proud subscriber of every Trainz Version since the very start, including TS12, I am surely entitled to run ECML or has something changed?

Same here CE 2001 - TRS19

Select all the non active items in Content Manager.

In the menu at top left of CM window.

Choose "Enable" , if that is not the problem.

Then i don't know sorry.

Mike.

No. There is a problem with the latest update. Those who have managed to download (me included) have then experienced very bad framerates. See seperate threads. Tony comnfirmed this morning there is a bug that was being resolved.

1. ECML was fine initially
2. now in Content Manager all the Dependencies show "Payware Not Active".

>> Are you saying that after installing it was fine, then it broke again?
Your account, sterrett, is correctly authorised. I suggest removing your username and re-entering it then restarting Trainz.

(The framerate issue is independant of authorisation).

ECML downloaded and installed OK for me. Frame rates seem ok. Though I haven't can across the blue crane that people suspect to be causing the frame rate problems. Have a home-built ASUS computer i7-4790K, GTX-1070 (8 GB), 32 GB Ram.

How curious - just followed Mike's suggestion about "Enabling" the content in CM to find the message "You cannot enable/disable these assets as they are not installed on your machine".

I'm trying Tony's suggestion of knocking out my user name and password and re-enetering them now.

When my ECML updated, I could not access it. The Content Manager shows all the required Assets as "Payware Not Active".

I have completely uninstalled TRS19 and reinstalled it, ECML was fine initially. However, when I restarted it, it wanted to download the SC297 Payware Files and now I am back to a blank screen when I try to load ECML and in Content Manager all the Dependencies show "Payware Not Active".

As the proud subscriber of every Trainz Version since the very start, including TS12, I am surely entitled to run ECML or has something changed?

Need to be fully up to date with build 97556 for it to download.

No joy! Deleting Username and Password and then putting them back in forced a re-download of the "SC297" files but the ECML Route is still not able to load. It isn't the end of the world as there are plenty of other routes to keep me occupied, but it would be nice to know what's happened.

ECML downloaded and installed OK for me. Frame rates seem ok. Though I haven't can across the blue crane that people suspect to be causing the frame rate problems. Have a home-built ASUS computer i7-4790K, GTX-1070 (8 GB), 32 GB Ram.

You have the same specs as me buddy and i am not having problems with ECML either.

Mike.

Yes to Database Repair (I've done that 15 times now!) and yes to checking the Folder Location (the update did change it back to default but I have migrated the new folder!

I think I have discovered the problem and, if so, I'm surprised no one else has had the same issue. The new updated ECML "packages" folders are "SC297" which, during installation, delete the old folders and their contents "45297". However, much of the content in the 45297 folders is not present in the updated "SC297" folders hence why I see a blank canvas. Fortunately, I had saved the old "Content" folder as a back up on an SSD so I have been able to put the "45297" folders back and ECML is all good again.

The only thing is, every time I start TRS2019, it wants to force a new download of "SC297" so I am having to manually cancel it otherwise I'll be back to square one!

That's odd as I have both SC297 dated 1st of November and 45297 dated 2nd of November folders all intact. That infers that the update is 45297.
Nothing been deleted here .

Indeed it is odd. I think there is something corrupted in my installation. I think I will do exactly what I did with T-ANE and start with a re-formatted drive and do a completely clean install and re-download what I want as I go along.

Last edited:
Back