Is there a way to uninstall a patch on TRS2019 E.A.?

janathan

I just downloaded the latest patch to TRS2019 Early Access, crossing my fingers that it wouldn't make it worse, but I now have a problem that makes Surveyor unusable. Now the game freezes whenever I:

A) Click on a train from the Trains Menu
B) Click on a consist from the consist menu
C) Try to put a train on a track
D) Try to put a consist on a track (I know the game regularly freezes momentarily if you put a large consist on the track, but eight hours of freezing is unacceptable! And it never unfroze. I had to use Task Manager to end task.)
E) Try to type the name of a train in the train menu (to search for it)
F) Try to search for a consist in the consist menu by typing its name

As someone who spends more time creating routes than driving them (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMKIQKJab-8), I'm forced to return to T:ANE until I can uninstall the patch or they make another patch that can fix it. It's a real shame, too. I was really getting to like this game. I even made this route on it:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IucICPc9IOw&t=5s)
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeRS_BoUmZA)
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3dRUwNKcD0)

Perhaps there is a faulty train asset causing the freeze.

I suggest:
1. Create a new local data folder and test again on a blank route.
2. If that works fine, point back to your previous local data folder and open Content Manager
3. Disable all Category = Consist assets
4. In Surveyor create a new consist - is it now working ok?
5. Re-enable your consists a groupd at a time until you find the offending item.

No matter which consist I enable, the game freezes as soon as I click on one. I'm pretty sure it's the act of clicking on a consist that freezes the game.

I have no problems myself so I can't say what the issue is.

Do you have any messages on the screen such as compiling scripts?

Any content errors, such as missing dependencies, and faulty assets?

Have you tried an Extended Database Repair, aka EDR?

At the Launcher, click on Developer.
Press CTRL-key while clicking on Rebuild database.

This will invoke the EDR and this process can take some time if you have a lot of assets.

How about disabling your antivirus realtime scanning of your TRS19 data and application? Some A/V programs are outright mean and will stomp on every file that gets open, or touched.

There are a lot of other things that can cause this such as a full disk. When was the last time you did some system maintenance? A defrag, not counting an SSD?

Case of looking for a common denominator, all routes or just one?
Do all the consists contain different assets then it's unlikely the consist, if they do then remove the common items from the consist or create one that doesn't contain them and see if it fixes the problem.

It happens on all routes and with all consists - even built-in ones. I don't get any messages such as "compiling scripts." I'm not sure why faulty assets / missing dependencies would have anything to do with it. I have a few faulty assets or assets with missing dependencies, but clicking on them has never frozen the game. Usually, they'd just appear as red on the list and you couldn't place it anywhere. Also, the consists themselves aren't faulty and don't have missing dependencies. I don't think it's one of the dependencies of the consists because I've been able to place the individual cars on the track. I just can't click on a consist.

No matter which consist I enable, the game freezes as soon as I click on one. I'm pretty sure it's the act of clicking on a consist that freezes the game.

You've got something corrupted here.

The problem is you've ended the program using task manager or rebooted, and now have probably corrupted things. This is like a chain reaction and the data being corrupted will now make things worse and you'll repeat that reboot.

Try an EDR and see what happens.

As Malc says does this occur in all routes or just one?

What does the log show? Click on Developer and Show Logs at the Launcher. You need to run windows if you want to do this while Running TRS19, but you can also do this with Content Manager running. You might see something of interest in there such as a bunch of errors.

Speaking of Content Manager.... Does this occur when you preview the consists?

In case you don't know, you can view your consists in the Preview. Click on the consist, right-click and choose Open... Pick Preview.

Does it freeze then?

They don't freeze when I choose "preview asset" in Content Manager. I'll try the other things later, but I have to go to work soon.

Okay, I tried the extended database repair. It sort of worked and sort of didn't. I click on one random consist and it didn't freeze, I clicked on a second random consist and it didn't freeze. I clicked on a third random consist and it froze. Now I noticed one of you said I probably corrupted something by using Task Manager to force-close it, so I left it running and minimized it, but the last time I did this, it froze for more than eight hours and still didn't unfreeze when I force-closed it, so I don't expect it to unfreeze anytime soon...

As mentioned elsewhere, there is a known issue with consists freezing the game - just avoid them for now. It is fixed internally and we'll get a new build out to our testers asap to confirm it is working. If you can, please check it out (keep an eye on the newsletter and forums for updates).

Back