Still no Carz

RobKi

If you choose Default Region when building the route, you will have no cars. To fix it, try opening the route in Surveyor, on the menu in the upper left, there is a choice to change route properties (I think that is the name) try changing the region there. Or Open for Edit the route in CM2, open the config file and change the 2 letter code for catagory-region.

I'm sorry, but there is no such option in the Main Menu on the leftmost corner in Surveyor (Trainz 2009 V3 b.38411). You can only select a region when you create a new route.

I have managed to Open-for-Edit the route file, found the config file, and saw a line specifying 'region'. There is no variable in the righthand column, so I need to change that. So far, so good. But: change into what? Presumably a (two-?) letter code for a region.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Region is specified as a kuid number, specifying a particular regional selection of traffic.

For instance the S&C Route dlc is....................... region <kuid:-1:78031>

There are a few pre-set regions on the DLS which include the relevant traffic vehicles.

Your best bet is to open your new route in Content Manager and manually configure the "Region" entry to anything you prefer.

This can include regions from pre-existing routes. My ECML clone uses the traffic region from S&C, as it includes some really lovely 1960's UK traffic.

Mike.

The alternative, which is actually easier, is to open the route up in Surveyor, and choose Edit Route.. found under the File menu. You can then change the region in there to something like US or UK 1950s, for example, and then save the route. If there's no prompt for saving, move a tree and you'll then be able to save.

Check the route then in driver and I'm sure you'll have traffic.

Carz running now

Made change, have carz! Thanks for your helpful hints.

It was actually lovetrainzloathen3v's suggestion that did it. I found the route specification for my route in Content Manager and picked a fitting one from the existing routes (a German one).

I also tried JCitron's solution, but loading the route in Surveyor > clicking Main Menu > Edit Route yielded a pop-up with the barest of options. See screenshot, link below. No 'region' anywhere.

view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d1-LkkakWzaPZKMfWivFGv_slC39JTYc/view?usp=sharing

(By the way, my screenshots all come out in b/w, and slanted. Some video setting somewhere. Mind you, it's Windows 10 and Trainz2009.)

Back