Updated ECML- very low frame rates

The blue crane is a red herring (if that makes any sense ;).

Sure it helps removing it (along with possibly many other objects), but there is a more significant code issue affecting the performance in your current build.

Makes sense to me. I've been down that track before, pun intended, more than once. :)

Could be that saving the route as a clone after removing the Crane has "fixed" the issue? Maybe just cloning would have the same effect?

I cloned both the route and the Flying Scotsman session yesterday and completed the run in about an hour over the scheduled time (several emergency stops due to multitasking on my part). FPS were low initially and then mostly pegged at 30 (half setting) for most of the route except in cities. Noticed several places where track disappeared and I was driving on gravel texture. Seems like not all the track was updated to proper LOD and the N3V crew have "optimised" by not showing the high detail LOD for track until you are on top of it.

I'm running an overclocked old 6 core I7 and a new 1080Ti which were showing about 30% and 80% utilization with everything except shadows and post processing at highest settings (8000 m distance).

Tried the Newcastle Shunter using the uncloned route and a cloned session and it was only getting about 15 fps.

Glenn

I cloned both the route and the Flying Scotsman session yesterday and completed the run in about an hour over the scheduled time (several emergency stops due to multitasking on my part). FPS were low initially and then mostly pegged at 30 (half setting) for most of the route except in cities. Noticed several places where track disappeared and I was driving on gravel texture. Seems like not all the track was updated to proper LOD and the N3V crew have "optimised" by not showing the high detail LOD for track until you are on top of it.

I'm running an overclocked old 6 core I7 and a new 1080Ti which were showing about 30% and 80% utilization with everything except shadows and post processing at highest settings (8000 m distance).

Tried the Newcastle Shunter using the uncloned route and a cloned session and it was only getting about 15 fps.

Glenn

This is the code issue that Tony was talking about then, but the N3V crew that fixed the route should go back and update the track to the much better newer stuff and fix the other glaring things that seem to have crept into the route such as floating objects, roads and track. Simply giving the route a lick and promise and sending it off for sale doesn't make it better. It needs some updating and cleanup, but sadly no one wants to put the time into that it seems.

Back